Legal Counsel at Bradfield Consulting
Posted on: 5 December, 2018
Deadline: 19 December, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield Consulting is a professional service firm created to provide human resource solutions for organizations of any size. Our goal is to help our esteemed clients eliminate issues bordering on having incompatible or inexpert employees.
High level legal Advice:
- Lead the provision of high level legal advice and analysis in various areas of commercial legal practice.
- Identify and monitor emerging legal developments and key concerns relating to various areas of legal services.
- Conduct and oversee significant research into legal issues in various areas of legal services.
- Write, edit, and finalise reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas
- Cross check and ensure accuracy and sufficiency of legal advice etc. prepared by junior counsel prior to delivery to clients
- Monitor work flow of junior counsel
- Monitor on time delivery of legal services
- Conduct or ensuring training of newly hired employees
- Be able to step into leadership roles and assume responsibility as the need arises
- Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received
- Case file management: ensuring that case files are updated, accurately, endorsed, neatly stored and readily accessible.
- Growing the existing business with regard to volume, scope , quality and value of mandates
- In coordination with Partners, take the lead in responding to RFPs
- Attending networking events, seminars etc.
- Making client visits and promoting client’s business
- Coordinating Marketing Research and Training activities in line with the firms business development strategies and goals
- Supervising and monitoring issuance of invoices, payment of invoicing.
- Approving and monitoring expenses to be incurred by Junior counsel
Policy development and implementation:
- Develop procedures and policy manuals from time to time
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures. Ensure consistent application of policy across the organization, including by contributing to quality control functions.
- Ensure maintenance of the firm’s policy database.
- Contributing to development of the organization’s strategic and operational plans;
- Drafting and/or editing relevant materials for publication; and
- Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Partners.
- First Degree in Law
- Candidate must possess at least 3 years’ post call-to-bar experience as a legal counsel
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Bradfield Consulting
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Communications Coordinator at Bradfield Consulting
- Know More About Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Compliance and Due Diligence Associate at BitPesa
- Senior Associate at Integrated Corporate Services - ICSL
- Legal Associate at Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Legal Officer/Personal Assistant at Infinity Security Services Limited
- Lawyer (Corporate/Commercial) at Gresyndale Legal
- Lawyer at Alan & Grant
- Law Librarian (CONUASS 2) at The Nigeria Police Academy
- Senior Legal Counsel, Alternative Dispute Resolution at IHS Towers