The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
Scope of Work
- Helping the HR department in Filing, Scanning, and Recruitment related support and photocopying of Documents.
- Compiling Health Insurance and Life Insurance Documents from the field sites for further action
- Filing all the NHF to the respective files;
- Transferring all the ex-staff files to the ex-staff cabinet;
- Work with the Admin /HR Assistants to update files in real time;
- Scanning of the approved documents for relevant documentation and classifying in respective soft file;
- Tracking and Filing all timesheets according to the field sides;
- Contract tracking and following up with appropriate Managers in Abuja and HR Focal persons in the field offices;
- Photocopying of all the approved payrolls and filing them according to the field sides;
- Filing and labelling of all files accordingly and placing in respective cabinets;
- Assist in coordinating booking and tracking of travels and accommodation as well & documentation of payment documents;
- Assist in following up with immigration and related statutory agencies for staff working and traveling permits.
- Assist in imputing staff information in the Payroll software;
- Maintain detailed records of employees and kept file up to date;
- Provide assistance in inputting staff information into the payroll software
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Assist the recruitment team in following up with relevant approval bodies for the approval of recruitment related documents requiring signature(s) from Abuja.
- Coordinate with the recruitment team in coordinating interviews conducted at the Abuja Office (When needed)
- Scanning of approved recruitment documents and emailing to recruitment team and relevant HR Focal persons in the field offices.
- Create, maintain and update file for new staff
- Provide assistance in posting vacancies on notice board when requested by the recruitment team.
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- B.Sc/B.A or HND in Public Administration, Humanities or Human Resource
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of regulations affecting payroll as national service insurance, taxation etc.
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
- The security situation in Abuja is calm. There is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cover Letters and CV to "Human Resources Coordinator, International Rescue Committee" via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Subject of the application should read: "Partnership Grants Manager, Maiduguri" OR "HR/Admin Intern, Abuja"
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.