Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Proposal Writer – Health Sector (Consultant)
Job Summary: The jobholder will support Pact West Africa office in expanding impact by reviewing request for proposals (RFPs) and associated documents, to ensure layout and content of proposals are in full compliance with published requirements. The jobholder will take the lead in the proposal development process, reviewing the request, writing the proposal, packaging in line with donor requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. Public Health or relevant field) or 7 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in international development, with field experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of Proposal writing experience is required.
- Experience with proposal development including support and writing with various donors, particularly US Government, private foundations and corporations.
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Nigerian governmental structure and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills shall be understood to include the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
- Knowledgeable in one or more of Pact’s West Africa’s technical areas (Governance, Health, Livelihood, Artisanal Mining & Renewable energy), is an advantage.
- Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge.
- Advanced Knowledge of the Development Sector in Nigeria is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com.. All applications MUST be submitted as a single file in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for, on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e. Business and Program Development Consultant).
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.