Head, Risk Management at ARM Life Plc
Posted on: 3 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at ARM Life Plc
ARM is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
Head, Risk Management
Responsible for providing strategic support to the organization’s achievement of its corporate objectives, through the enablement of efficient and effective governance of significant risks and related opportunities, across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Risk Monitoring: Undertake the development, deployment, and analysis of Risk Control Self-Assessment Questions, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and other strategic risk parameters (i.e. losses and incidents, key risk exposures and early warning indicators).
- Risk Assessment: Support the development of analytical systems, data management capabilities, & processes, and undertake risk assessments of the organization’s products, procedures, Service Level Agreements etc.
- Risk Identification and Mitigation: Lead the proactive identification and analysis of emergent risks to the organization, design appropriate mitigations, and implement accordingly.
- Manage Risk Management Policies and Processes: Lead the development and continuous improvement of the organization’s operational and financial risk management processes, and policies, in line with identified best practices, and organizational fit, in order to mitigate the impact of risk events on the organization.
- Risk-Based Capital Allocation: Apply appropriate methodology(s) to determine the allocation of economic capital to business activities based on risk, with the aim of optimizing the group’s risk portfolio through business activities & risk-transfer strategies.
- Process Mapping: Lead the mapping of functional processes across the organization, for the purposes of documenting controls in existing products and processes.
- After Action Reviews: Disseminate learning points from loss and loss events to all employees.
- Support Team’s Development: Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Achievement (Level 2/4)
- Analytical Thinking (Level 3/4)
- Customer Service Orientation (Level 3/4)
- Entrepreneurship (Level 2/4)
- Flexibility (Level 3/4)
- Holding People Accountable (Level 3/4)
- Intercultural Competence (Level 2/4)
- Leading and Developing Others (Level 3/4)
- Professional Confidence (Level 3/4)
- Relationship Building for Influence (Level 2/4)
- Self-Awareness (Level 3/4)
- Team Working (Level 3/4)
- Working Strategically (Level 3/4)
- Communicating Effectively (Level 3/4)
- Risk Management Policies and Procedures (RAC001 - Level 3/4)
- Risk Identification and Assessment (RAC002 - Level 3/4)
- Risk Response and Reporting (RAC003 - Level 3/4)
- Process Management (RAC008 - Level 3/4)
- Financial Analysis (FTM007 - Level 3/4)
Market and Regulatory Environment (GMT007 - Level 2/4)
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university
- Professional certification in finance and/or risk management from a recognized professional body (e.g. CFA, CGMA, ACCA, ICAN e.t.c)
- Minimum of 9 years of work experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from ARM Life Plc
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Admin Officer (ARM Harith Investment Limited) at ARM Life Plc
- Senior Accountant at ARM Life Plc
- Head, Research at ARM Life Plc
- Compliance Officer at ARM Life Plc
- Applications Developer (ARM Securities) at ARM Life Plc
- Business Development (ARM Investment Managers) at ARM Life Plc
- Know More About ARM Life PlcSimilar Jobs
- Lead Grants Manager at Chemonics International
- Internal Auditor at The Place
- Head Business and Financial Advisory at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Audit, Tax and Revenue Technician at Pure Access IT Limited
- Chief Finance Officer at Alan & Grant
- Head of Accounts at Alan & Grant
- Financial Analyst at Agusto & Co.
- Accountant at Introit Consulting Limited