Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology, Makarfi - The Institution has been in existence since 1954. In 2005 it became a full- pledged Monotechnic as established by the Kaduna State Law No.8 of 2005, which was revised in 2010. It has 2 campuses in Makarfi main and Kaduna and College designated Practice Area at Family Health Unit, Tudun-Wada, Kaduna. It operates collegial system with Six (6) Schools, namely; School of Community Health Sciences, School of Dental Health Sciences, School of Environmental Health Sciences, School of General and Applied Sciences, School of General Health Sciences and School of Public Health Nursing. Each School is headed by a Director. The College has 403 staff, and over 4,000 students undertaking 30 programmes in 17 Departments.
Director of Works
- The Director of Works is a Principal Officer responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration of the Works Department.
- He/She is responsible for the Overall control of the Works and Estate Department, Formulating divisional strategies to achieve the Institutional goals, Planning and controlling the technical activities of the works department, Advising the Provost on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all College assets and Preparing the Works Department’s Budget.
- A holder of a good honour Degree or HND plus relevant PGD in any relevant Engineering field, Architecture or Quantity Survey with at least 15 years cognate work experience, relevant Masters Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 12 years cognate work experience or a suitable Chief Engineer/Chief Architect who has spent a minimum of 3 years on his substantive post.
- In either case, the candidate shall have at least 9 years working experience in Tertiary Institutions of higher learning accredited by NBTE, NCC or NUC.
- He/She must possesses registration with a recognize professional body (COREN, NIQS, NIA), evidence demonstrative ability administrative leadership.
Condition of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of 4 years, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another and final 4 years.
- Salary of the Director of Works is CONTISS 15/9 plus 20% responsible allowance, other benefit as contained in the condition of service:
- An official car,
- A soft furnish accommodation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 15 copies of their Applications, including Photocopies of their Certificates to the "Ag. Registrar and Secretary to the Council of the College", using the address below, indicating:
- Full names (Surname first and underline),
- Date of Birth,
- State of Origin and Local Government Area,
- Marital status,
- Number and date of birth of children,
- Permanent home address, postal address, email and phone number,
- Qualifications and institutions with dates (certified copies of certificate to be attached),
- Scholarly publications,
- Membership of professional bodies/association,
- Previous employment and position held with dates,
- A short write up of not more than 300 words of the applicant vision for the College,
- Name of 3 referees.
Candidates are required to produce the originals of their certificate and other credentials during the interview. The application should be submitted in sealed envelope labeled “Application fot the Post of Provost, Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi, Kaduna State, Ngeria".
Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential report on them in sealed envelope labeled "Confidential Report” to the:
Ag. Registrar and Secretary to the Council,
Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology,
P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi,