Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology, Makarfi - The Institution has been in existence since 1954. In 2005 it became a full- pledged Monotechnic as established by the Kaduna State Law No.8 of 2005, which was revised in 2010. It has 2 campuses in Makarfi main and Kaduna and College designated Practice Area at Family Health Unit, Tudun-Wada, Kaduna. It operates collegial system with Six (6) Schools, namely; School of Community Health Sciences, School of Dental Health Sciences, School of Environmental Health Sciences, School of General and Applied Sciences, School of General Health Sciences and School of Public Health Nursing. Each School is headed by a Director. The College has 403 staff, and over 4,000 students undertaking 30 programmes in 17 Departments.
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration of the College Library.
- He/She is a member of Academic Board and Senior/Junior Staff Assessment and Promotion Committee.
- He/She is responsible for Library services and leadership of the College Library.
- A holder of MLS in Library Science not below a Deputy Librarian with 15 years cognate work experience, good Bachelor Degree in Library Science plus relevant post graduate Diploma with 16 years cognate work experince or a substantive Chief Librarian with 14 years cognate working experience.
- In either case, the candidate shall have at least 9 years working experience in Tertiary Institutions of higher learning accredited by NBTE, NCC or NUC.
- He/She must possesses registration with recognize professional body, demonstrative ability to offer academic administrative leadership, evidence of publication and community service.
Condition of Appointment
- The appointment for an initial period of 4 years, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another and final 4 years.
- Salary of the College Librarian is CONTISS 15/9 plus 20% responsible allowance, other benefit as contained in the condition of service:
- An official car,
- A soft furnish accommodation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 15 copies of their Applications, including Photocopies of their Certificates to the "Ag. Registrar and Secretary to the Council of the College", using the address below, indicating:
- Full names (Surname first and underline),
- Date of Birth,
- State of Origin and Local Government Area,
- Marital status,
- Number and date of birth of children,
- Permanent home address, postal address, email and phone number,
- Qualifications and institutions with dates (certified copies of certificate to be attached),
- Scholarly publications,
- Membership of professional bodies/association,
- Previous employment and position held with dates,
- A short write up of not more than 300 words of the applicant vision for the College,
- Name of 3 referees.
Candidates are required to produce the originals of their certificate and other credentials during the interview. The application should be submitted in sealed envelope labeled “Application fot the Post of Provost, Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi, Kaduna State, Ngeria".
Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential report on them in sealed envelope labeled "Confidential Report” to the:
Ag. Registrar and Secretary to the Council,
Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology,
P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi,