Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology, Makarfi - The Institution has been in existence since 1954. In 2005 it became a full- pledged Monotechnic as established by the Kaduna State Law No.8 of 2005, which was revised in 2010. It has 2 campuses in Makarfi main and Kaduna and College designated Practice Area at Family Health Unit, Tudun-Wada, Kaduna. It operates collegial system with Six (6) Schools, namely; School of Community Health Sciences, School of Dental Health Sciences, School of Environmental Health Sciences, School of General and Applied Sciences, School of General Health Sciences and School of Public Health Nursing. Each School is headed by a Director. The College has 403 staff, and over 4,000 students undertaking 30 programmes in 17 Departments.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive Officer of the College responsible to the Governing Council as provided in the College Edict.
- As the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Monotechnic, He/She is charged with the general responsibility for all matters relating to the day to day Management and operation of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of at least Academic Master's Degree from a recognized institution in relevant (Health) field taught in the College. Possession of PhD would be an added advantage.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer,
- Must have at least 15 years post graduate teaching, research and administrative experience with at least 9 years in the Polytechnic sub-sector.
- Provide evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership,
- Must provide evidence of membership of recognized professional institution or registration with a regulatory body in Nigeria,
- Produce evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals, as well as presentation of papers at conferences, seminars or workshops,
- Be proficient in information and communication Technology (ICT),
- Must provide evidence of capacity to generate funds/research grants from external agencies,
- Must provide report of physical fitness from a recognized Government hospital,
- Must be morally sound of impeccable probity and integrity, free from financial embarrassment,
- Be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest.
Terms/Condition of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of 4 years, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another and final 4 years
- Salary of Provost is CONTISS 15/9 plus 30% responsible allowance, other benefit as contained in the condition of service:
- An official car,
- A soft furnish accommodation,
- Security and domestic staff.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 15 copies of their Applications, including Photocopies of their Certificates to the "Ag. Registrar and Secretary to the Council of the College", using the address below, indicating:
- Full names (Surname first and underline),
- Date of Birth,
- State of Origin and Local Government Area,
- Marital status,
- Number and date of birth of children,
- Permanent home address, postal address, email and phone number,
- Qualifications and institutions with dates (certified copies of certificate to be attached),
- Scholarly publications,
- Membership of professional bodies/association,
- Previous employment and position held with dates,
- A short write up of not more than 300 words of the applicant vision for the College,
- Name of 3 referees.
Candidates are required to produce the originals of their certificate and other credentials during the interview. The application should be submitted in sealed envelope labeled “Application fot the Post of Provost, Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi, Kaduna State, Ngeria".
Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential report on them in sealed envelope labeled "Confidential Report” to the:
Ag. Registrar and Secretary to the Council,
Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology,
P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi,