Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Advocacy and CSO Mapping Consultant
Background of the Project
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners is implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- Plan International is seeking to identify 3 dynamic and technically strong Consultants to support the undertaking of baseline studies to firstly establish the current performance levels of CSOs in Urban WASH, identify the gaps and develop action plans and service plans for water service delivery in the urban areas of Imo, Niger and Sokoto States. The consultants must be willing to spend up to 3 weeks (15 working days) during the first part of December i.e. from Monday December 10, 2018. Women candidates that meet the criteria below are strongly encouraged to apply.
Objectives of the Baseline Survey
- The overall objective of the baseline study is to establish a benchmark against which the E-WASH will design interventions to bring the urban water service providers to the level of being professionally managed and commercially viable.
- One of the key objectives of the EWASH is to strengthen policy, institutional and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services. This will include providing technical assistance for CSO capability building and demand-side accountability mechanisms.
- The objective of this assignment is therefore to undertake baseline studies in advocacy, WASH CSO mapping, policy, institutional, and governance (issues to do with CSO accountability), investigate framework for CSOs working in the urban water services, identify gaps and develop action plans for filling the gaps in line with the objectives of the E-WASH program. In this respect the consultant will be part of a team that will finally develop a baseline report and program of action.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Development Studies, Institutional Development, Corporate Governance, Regulatory Reforms, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Development Studies or any such related fields.
- At least 12 years of experience in at least two of the above areas i.e. citizen engagement, governance, management,
- Expertise in developing performance incentives for staff in any organization
- Specific expertise in areas including strategic planning, training and capacity building, and/or customer satisfaction and engagement
- Experience in designing and developing organizational development activities for institutions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV (not more than 5 pages) to Nigeria.Consultant@plan-International.org not later than December 1, 2018.
In the SUBJECT line of your e-mail you must only put the position you are interested in and the state you would like to be considered to work in i.e. if you are a Gender Assessment Specialist and would like to be considered in Niger then in the subject line only put GAS Niger Women are strongly encouraged to apply.