Chief of Party at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 28 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Chief of Party
Ref No: CHIEF01379
- Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for a USAID-funded project in Nigeria. The COP will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results.
- The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant USAID and U.S. Government rules and regulations.
- The COP will also take the lead in coordinating with USAID, the Government of Nigeria - federal and state-level - and other implementing partners.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with USAID regulations;
- Works in partnership with the Project Director, engaging in frequent, routine communication with the Home Office around the project’s progress and potential issues;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to USG/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues;
- Responsible for managing the project’s relationships with federal, state, and local counterparts, NGOs, and other stakeholders;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities, and ensures that project results and targets are met;
- Supports the implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues and addressing local staffing and personnel issues related to security; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, etc; or bachelor’s degree with five (5) additional years of relevant international development experience;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience working in governance programs, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience working in the democracy and governance sector in Africa;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
- Fluency in English, written and spoken;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working on programs related to good governance, public financial management, government service delivery, citizen engagement, and/or conflict mitigation;
- Proficiency in Hausa is preferred; and
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Creative Associates International career website on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- TB Data Quality Assessor at DevTech Systems, Inc.
- Country Manager at Coffey International Development
- Livelihood Officer at Intercommunity Development Social Organization (IDS)
- Utility Operations Specialist - UOS at RTI International
- Lead Technical Adviser - Rural Livelihoods at VSO
- Child Protection in Emergency Officer at Save The Children
- Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI)
- Nigeria Field Operations Associate at One Acre Fund