Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs at Golborn
Posted on: 28 November, 2018
Deadline: 15 December, 2018
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Golborn
Golborn - Our client, a prestigious University in Africa is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs
- The Vice Chancellor is the Chief operating officer of the academic institution, acting as the principal academic and administrative officer of the academic institution.
- As a representative of the institution, the Vice Chancellor provides overall leadership by working to maintain academic standards and policies while directing the mission and vision of the institution.
- The Vice Chancellor also works cooperatively, supervising other executive administrators.
The duties and responsibilities of the Vice Chancellor are broad and diverse. Some of those duties include but are not limited to:
- Involvement in institution-wide planning (This is on an academic, administrative and financial basis): Academic planning, policy review and curriculum development.
- Handling of personnel matters and regular review of academic programs and students.
- Supervision of budget preparation for the academic and academic related programs.
- Crisis/Disaster management and control (Internal and External).
- Securing financial base to allow delivery of university's mission, values and objectives.
- Development and implementation of policies and values.
- Efficient management and mobilization of resources.
- Act as an Ambassador/Public Relations Officer of the institution.
- Improving and maintaining an internationally accepted standard of education.
- Serving as a role model for the advancement and development of globally prominent leaders.
- Creation of innovative ideas and principles that invoke long lasting change.
The Ideal candidate should be:
- Innovative, creative, energetic and a student focused professional that can facilitate change.
- A visionary with excellent interpersonal skills and competencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a wide range of situations.
- Proven track record of success in strategic planning, budgeting and resource management.
- Demonstrate progressive executive and managerial experience in students' affairs in areas such as improvement of student life, well-being and overall student experience.
- Strong leadership and administrative skills: ability to supervise, direct, motivate and develop staff.
- Foster student engagement and success through social, cultural, leadership, educational and recreational experiences.
- Strong commitment to academic success and excellence.
- Commitment to and success in achieving institutional goals for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ability to engage the entire division peaceably and cooperatively. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students, and other administrators.
- Ability to set clear goals and build a coherent entrepreneurial organizational culture for both scholars and staff.
- Doctorate degree from a recognized higher institution. Experience in a multi-campus environment and demonstrated as a faculty member with a record of scholarship and promotion in rank.
- Attained rank of professor or associate professor in an academic field.
- Renumeration starting from $3,000/per month with added benefits.
- Subject to negotiation based on educational background, work experience and accomplishments.
Method of Application
Applications should include:
- A resume,
- Cover letter and
- Three work related references.
Interested and qualified? Go to Golborn career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About GolbornSimilar Jobs
- Support Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Chief Operating Officer - Commodity Export at Pivotage Consulting
- Head of Claims at Pivotage Consulting
- General Manager at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Regional Manager at Health Plus Limited
- Executive Assistant to the CEO at Health Plus Limited
- Head of Operations at Townserve Microfinance Bank Limited
- Head of Operations at MLS Marketing Company Limited