SHOW HR & Admin Manager at Plan International
Posted on: 27 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
SHOW HR & Admin Manager
- To ensure effective and efficient coordination of human resources and administrative related activities towards implementation of the project, and to provide technical leadership in ensuring that all human resources and administrative processes are in line with policies of Plan International.
Dimension of Role
- Implementation of project human resources and Administrative management processes, protocols and systems.
- Develop and implement administrative processes including internal controls for the project.
- Monthly and quarterly administrative reports in line with established compliance standards.
- Review of all administrative components of all financial transaction documents before project commitments and payments are made.
- Development and tracking of all project procurement plans in line with projects plans and budgets, ensuring procurement deadlines are met.
- Work with the project finance manager in the development of the monthly and quarterly cash forecasts for the project, including for partners.
- Set up and management of project administrative file documentation system in the office, including supporting same for partners.
- Coordinate all HR related matters with support from the Country Office, including ensuring staff understanding and compliance of the staff and procurement manuals.
- Oversees Partner’s financial contract process as well as liquidations and reporting in line with donor compliance standards, before further fund advancements.
- Lead on the submission of timesheets for approval and forwarding to the Country office.
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan for staff and partners that includes but not limited to fire safety, office protocols, and procurement policies.
- Develop and update inventory data base monthly for all project assets including partner assets where applicable.
- Maintain good working relationship with vendors and consultants.
- Fulfill Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the Country Human Resource Manager in strengthening Human Resources processes documentation and controls. Build staff capacity ensure a high level of adherence to Human recourse policies and best practices
Admin & Logistics Development:
- Manage the budget of the HR and Administration unit.
- Supervise and manage direct reporting staffs
- Provide guidance and support to Sokoto Office and the Country Office in Administration and logistics related issues;
- Design appropriate training programs for administrative and logistics staff in the field Office.
- Review and revise, if necessary, all legal document and procedures in use by the Sokoto Office.
- Perform other administrative and logistics duties in a manner that supports the Team and improves Plan International Nigeria’s efficiency and effectiveness
Learning and knowledge management:
- Shares information within the Programme team about innovative programme approaches and supports the documentation of such approaches, good practices and lessons learnt.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing among national programmes teams in the region and supports such processes between regions
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A B.Sc Degree in Human Resource Management/Business Administration/ Social Sciences or other related courses.
- Any relevant professional certification and a Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ practical work experience in managing HR and Office Administration in a similar organization
- Experience in Procurement and supply chain management
- Experience working with funded partners
- Experience in capacity building (staff and partner organization)
- Familiarity with Nigerian laws.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player
- Provides good and adequate Human Resource and administrative support to the team to the programme meet agreed organizational outcomes
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Plan International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Constructions Coordinator (Roving) at Plan International
- Know More About Plan InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Flexible Packaging Quality Control Manager at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
- Manager, EOC Office Management at eHealth Systems Africa
- Manager, Network Strategy and Partnerships at MasterCard
- Senior Director, Partner Engineering at Andela
- Director, Engineering Experience at Andela
- Human Resource Projects Officer at Owens and Xley
- Director - Operations (Director-OP) at Plan International
- Executive Assistant/Business Analyst at School Kits Limited