Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a Multinational Manufacturing Company with head office in Lagos, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Head of Sales, North
Reports To: The Commercial Director & Managing Director
Summary of the Job
- This a customer based segment with focus in satisfying the distribution and re-distribution of our product range in the retail trade with an eye on improving cost to serve.
- The preferred candidate MUST be from the Northern Part of Nigeria and speak fluent Hausa and MUST have worked in sales/marketing in the Northern part of Nigeria.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Manage and improve the distribution channels of the existing go to market plan in addition to championing any identified improvements.
- Responsible for the management of distributors and the retail trade. Responsible for managing the Regional Managers & Channel relationship managers to deliver regional and cluster objectives as detailed by the sales leadership team.
- Responsible for developing territory action plans for his coverage area as well as enforcing the execution of the necessary key actions required for the successful achievement.
- Responsible for review and approval of the bottom-up sales plan by his team and alignment with the top-down volume strategy.
- Should aim at satisfying the demand of general purpose distribution and redistribution in trade.
- Build relationships in the channels through planned regular field visits and problem solving, thus maintaining brand and customer loyalty.
- Ensure that the ROI of the channels remain attractive for sustained patronage.
- Responsible for target volume achievement, pricing and margin management. He/she would be required to track prices and volumes under their responsibility using Daily Volume and MBI. These should be big focus areas in the light of strong competitive activities.
- Assign monthly, quarterly and yearly customer visit targets to his team, run the visit tracker reports on SFDC to monitor performance and carry out the coaching visit with his team members.
- Review and approve Offers to customers with eyesight on margin and bottom line objectives
- Ensure regular customer engagement by field sales staff with a view to meeting and surpassing customer expectations.
- Influence customer buying decision through regular meetings and customer forums, which will allow for information flow.
- Grow the organization’s share of wallets based on target market ambitions as specified by the Sales leadership for various markets. eg core market ambitions.
- Carry out regular retail mapping as may be agreed by the Country Sales Director to align and realign territories for efficient customer coverage and management.
- Jointly responsible for developing customer loyalty programme that will be sustainable at the various channel levels including team motivation schemes.
- Responsible for market intelligence gathering and reporting.
- Ensure standards for quality, customers’ service and safety are met.
- Responsible for improved affinity and sustained partnership between the organization’s and dealers, ensuring retail endorsement for our products, thus “turning them to brand ambassadors”
- To engage dealers/retailers in order to build strong brand image and gain their support in terms of improved product availability & visibility.
- Coordination of area managers activity to achieve better execution at retail
- Drive process adherence in the use of the CRM tools and ERP within the team.
- Develop expertise and insight in the dynamics of market across territories, focus on, competitor, end-user, and customer knowledge in order to develop market insight
- Volume sales
- Payment generation
- Brand penetration and availability at retail
- Market intelligence
- Price management
Sales, number of people, budget, volumes, etc.:
- 70% of total Product volume in Nigeria
- 68 field sales staff
List of direct reports:
- Regional and Cluster Managers, Channel Relationship Managers
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Internal-Logistics, Quality, Plant Managers, Marketing, Communication
- External- Dealers, Retailers, Professional bodies, Government bodies, etc.
- Level of education/qualifications required:
- B.Sc/HND in any discipline
- Additional qualifications will be of added advantage.
Specific Work experience:
- Minimum of 14 years commercial working experience 10 of which must be in Sales /marketing management position in the Northern part of Nigeria
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good Customer relationship
- Sales close ability
- Good communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly proactive with ability to sniff opportunity
- Excellent integrity
- Good listening ability
- Quick response ability
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Decisive in dealing with issues
- Is not ambiguous
- Highly creative and innovative
- Nationally and internationally mobile.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘HDS-N’ as subject of mail. The preferred candidate MUST be from the Northern Part of Nigeria and speak fluent Hausa and MUST have worked in sales/marketing in the Northern part of Nigeria.