Founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa.
We specialize in convening finance and investment professionals, locally an internationally through conferences, trainings and seminars.
All with a current focus and commitment to the positive development and transformation of Africa's Agribusiness sector.
Business Development Executive (Communication and Sales)
JOB DURATION: 6 MONTHS (With likely extension)
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
Welcome2Africa International are the organizers of : The Innovative and Sustainable Finance Edition of the Agrique Africa Investment Summit, taking place April 2019 (ISF2019), ISF2019 follows on from previous events held in London, Ghana, Nigeria, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. The purpose of these summits is to create an environment where investors, donors, financiers and key Agribusiness stakeholders can gain a better understanding of the intricacies of investing in Africa’s Agribusiness sector.
The ISF is scheduled to take place in Luxembourg on 28th + 29th April, 2019
The Business Development Officer will have the key role of driving delegate and partnerships towards the conference. – A candidate with insights in finance/investments and agribusiness will be preferred.
The duties of this position are set out below:
- Developing and delivering a regular flow of news of ISF2019
- Producing media briefing and forming media partnerships to support ISF2019
- Coordinate the design of promotional material and distribute in online and offline channels
- Plan interviews with key stakeholders of ISF2019
- Working with the conference production team to develop an understanding of the event programme
- Researching attendees and generating sales leads
- Cold calling and selling to a list of prospective event attendees
- Engaging with clients on the phone and developing lasting relationships
- Daily management and maintenance of sales records, ensuring they are kept up to date with attendees and details
- Develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of the program · Use contact management
- Market Research
- Evaluating marketing campaigns.
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials.
- Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies.
- Be a strong, positive, customer focused sales executive when dealing with our clients
- Work well in a team environment giving ideas and working collectively with all members to grow your division
- Bsc. Degree in any discipline
- Must have a good understanding of Africa’s Agribusiness Sector
- Must have some relevant corporate experience.
- Must have excellent research ability
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to use initiative is essential, as applicant will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT skill is essential.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organized and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country and outside of the country
- Must be fluent in English.
- Applicant must reside in Abuja, as the company will not provide accommodation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below