IT Network Administrator at Main One Cable
Posted on: 26 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
IT Network Administrator
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
The IT Network Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Network Documentation skills.
- TCP/IP network design and configuration.
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4 and CIDR
- Hands-on experience in Routing protocol, OSPF/EIGRP/BGP.
- Basic understanding of network service: DHCP, DNS, Proxy, NAT etc.
- Hands-on experience in Enterprise wireless implementation.
- Hands-on knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and Cisco/Fortigate Firewalls.
- Experienced in working with Cisco Identity Services Engine Cisco ISE.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Good understanding of Voice over IP technology and Cisco CUCM (Cisco preferred).
- Monitor performance and ensure System availability and reliability.
- Monitor System resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of IT security skills in Encryption, Endpoint protection, Email protection.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure, Windows server operating system DNS, DHCP and Microsoft Exchange Servers.
- Work within the established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A minimum of BSc/HND.
- A degree in Computer Science Electrical/Electronics Eng or in a related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in designing, implementations of LAN/WAN networks, database and Network/Cyber Security industry experience.
- CCNP in Routing & Switching or Security is an added advantage.
Demand on the Job:
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Technical & Professional proficiency.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Information systems (Unix/Linux, Windows AD, ERPs, LANS/WANS, Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Internet Information Services, Oracle, Web design, software development languages and backup systems).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Main One Cable
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Product Analyst at Main One Cable
- Know More About Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Value Added Services (VAS) Manager - Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
- IT Technical Support at Eko Maintenance Limited
- User Interface and Experience Designer at KPMG
- Mobile Application Developer at eHealth4everyone
- Mobile Developer at KPMG
- Telecommunications Engineer at Kampala International University (KIU)