INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Project Manager - CCCM & Protection (GAC)
Location: Maiduguri, with frequent mission on the ground in Damasak and Kareto, Mobbar LGA, Borno
Starting date: 1st February, 2019
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Reporting to: Head of Base
Supervision of: About 15 staff
General purpose of the position
- Full managerial and technical responsibility of the project implementation, including procurement, selection of staff, monitoring and financial supervision of expenditures against target activities.
- S/he will support trainings and will supervise all the activities in the field locations.
- S/he is responsible of regular donor reporting and attends technical coordination meetings.
- The incumbent work under overall supervision of the Head of Base and coordinate the Senior Protection Advisor, who will ensure mentoring and monitoring for the project implementation.
Main responsibilities and Tasks
- The PM manages, coordinates and supervises the project staff for the implementation of activities and services, ensuring timely and quality implementation and monitoring in compliance with relevant Standard Operating Procedures, International Principles and Guidelines as well as INTERSOS Fundamental Charter and Code of Ethics.
- Planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the project, ensuring timely and quality delivery of services as per approved project's proposal,
- Ensure, in line with INTERSOS internal rules and regulations, donor regulations and international humanitarian standard (such as SPHERE) the management of the project,
- Conduct regular field visits to assess program quality and progress toward objectives, facilitate collective problem solving with staff and other stakeholders to address challenges,
- Liaising with sector appropriate local government and authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at field site level, in coordination with the HoM;
- Plan and distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their understanding of the issues linked to the Project and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals.
- Inform the field team on the instructions given by the Coordination Office promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality and full compliance with security rules and medical ethics.
- Supervise the project material resources at INTERSOS disposition in order to ensure a correct use and durability;
- Supervise all orders (logistical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, with the support of the capital referents, in order ensure efficiency, adequate supply at the intervention sites and early detect deviations and its causes.
- Ensure appropriate budget management
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analyzing the consequences of political decisions or negotiations in course;
- Proactively participate in relevant technical coordination meetings and working groups.
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to the team;
- Be responsible of the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities s/he is accountable for.
- Identify training needs, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to project’s goals.
- Developing regular reports, including donor reporting and the Project Appraisal Tool, ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission.
- Ensuring accurate data collection and reporting are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the project.
- Elaborate the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development, and updating INTERSOS Management Platform (IMP)
- University degree or equivalent level in economics, psychology, social sciences or similar. Desirable degree in Project Management.
- At least 3 years of significant international experience in similar positions or in humanitarian sector;
- Extensive working experiences in Project Management
- Sound knowledge of PCM
- Robust knowledge of financial monitoring and reporting tools;
- Proficient knowledge of sectorial international guidelines and standards
- Experience in working with IDPs or refugees
- Essential computer literacy knowledge (word, excel and internet)
- Previous experience in management of protection projects is an asset
- Previous experience in Western and Central Africa is an asset
- Sound personal organizational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, and working under pressure
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international multiethnic and multicultural environment
- Proven management and leadership skills;
- Ability to deliver high quality work in short periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties in the field.
- Proficiency in English (conversation, reading and writing) required.
- Willingness to accept basic living standard and frequent field missions
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Strong attitude to take initiative, work autonomously and achieve effectively results
- Respect of INTERSOS mission and values.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.