Sellafield Energy Resources Limited - Our client is one of the world's largest Oil and Gas Company with operations in more than 100 countries and over 90,000 employees, discovering, producing, processing, selling and marketing energy in a variety of forms all the way to the end customer.
Instrumentation Electrician (Tank Farm/Lube Plant)
This role is a great opportunity for motivated individuals who perform installation, maintenance repair, maintenance inspection, design and troubleshooting of electrical and instrument equipment. This person will have responsibility for safe installation and repair of electrical and instrumentation systems
- Performing basic troubleshooting in electrical control, distribution, and motor protection
- Installing and commission switchgear, control devices, transformers, electrical feeders, motors and process instrumentation
- Using test equipment to diagnose high, medium and low voltage electrical circuits
- Repairing and calibrate pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and electronic instruments
- Responsible for promoting and conforming with company, state and federal safety regulations and codes ensuring the safety and environmental compliance of the company and its employees.
- Although the Electrician/Instrumentation Tech must be able to work independently with little direction, they must be able to take direction and maintain a team-oriented environment with other departments and the management team.
- Work and communicate safely and effectively with field operations, fellow employees, contractors and the general public.
- Subject to call outs, travel and overtime for work associated with Plains field operations and/or emergency response.
- Any other pipeline related duties as required or as assigned by the Operations Supervisor.
- Must be a qualified Instrumentation Electrician with four years of first-class experience
- Must be able to understand power factor and voltage drop.
- Working knowledge of how instruments operate in a loop, knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives
- Proficient use of test and calibration equipment, personal computers and in medium (480VAC to 4160VAC) and high voltage (35KV to 110KV) circuits
- Able to read, understand and apply schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, loop drawings, process flow drawings, service manuals.
- This position requires excellent analytical, management, organization, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to operate the equipment necessary to perform maintenance and calibration tasks.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below