Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Admin & Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Maiduguri field office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Humanitarian Admin and Logistics Advisor and expected to work very closely with other members of the programme team and particularly the Grants and finance officer.
Dimension of Role
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics coordination in Maiduguri office, ensuring the interface between operations and programme team members.
- The post holder will support development of Plan Internationals implementing partners and staff capacity building. The post holder will supervise the Admin Assistant.
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Coordinate and management movement register for all staff and visitors in the Maiduguri office
- Effective management of the guest house
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Ensure that vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise with the Humanitarian Admin and Logistics Advisor about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office/ guest house equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the county office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store Management using specified software
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Humanitarian and Logistics Advisor.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- A degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 2 -4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role in a
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.