FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. Fhi 360 is pursuing an upcoming funding opportunity that will assist the Government of Nigeria and the Ministry of Health through Health Initiatives.
The project will focus on: advocacy and accountability, data for delivery and health prioritization, strengthening health systems and leadership, human resources for health, private sector, demand for family planning and demographic analysis and communication.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Advisor
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Advisor for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. State Team Leaders will oversee implementation the programme in the states determined by DFID. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The QA/QI Advisor will be responsible for:
- Leads the design of a QI strategy to achieve targets at service delivery levels, both facility and community-based.
- Designs/adapts QI training material, tools and job-aids.
- Builds capacities of the QI teams to run test of changes using the PDSA cycle.
- Builds capacities of sub-national levels to coach QI teams.
- Designs, supports, and builds capacities of the sub-national levels to manage QI Collaboratives and organize learning sessions.
- Builds the capacities of the sub-national levels to scale up improvements.
- Provides guidance to address sustainability issues of the results achieved by QI teams
- Guides national and sub-national stakeholders to develop policies to institutionalize QI within regulatory frameworks.
- Directs and guides a team of technical QI staff of the project.
- Works closely with the health systems strengthening advisor to address barriers to service delivery and improve health systems building blocks.
- Oversees and assesses the implementation of the QI activities and adjusts the strategies based on results and lessons learned
- Documents and publishes results and lessons learned.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in Public Health, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing quality improvement programs. Application of QI to KP/HIV services preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the PDSA-based model for improvement and the QI Collaborative model.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Nigeria preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.