FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. Fhi 360 is pursuing an upcoming funding opportunity that will assist the Government of Nigeria and the Ministry of Health through Health Initiatives.
The project will focus on: advocacy and accountability, data for delivery and health prioritization, strengthening health systems and leadership, human resources for health, private sector, demand for family planning and demographic analysis and communication.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Finance Officer (Yobe)
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Finance Officer, Yobe for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for:
- Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to projects in finance and operations staff, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the organization.
- Provides financial management and guidance, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and reviews and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor's requirements.
- Proactively guides and supports respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships.
- Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations.
- Analyzes, budget forecasts, regulatory filings and compiles moderately complex data.
- Interprets, analyzes and/or evaluates data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with regulated industries, consultants, management and staff.
- Interprets and provides explanation for discrepancies and variations in financial data.
- Applies updated information technology to facilitate program goals and program procedures.
- Delivers formal presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience; educates relevant parties regarding programs, procedures and/or eligibility criteria. Interacts with industry representatives, co-workers and officials to analyze or resolve issues.
- Bachelor's degree or its international equivalent or higher in finance, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, progressive experience in accounting, finance and operational management, and experience in a government contracting environment. Knowledge of DFID grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.