Medical Science Liaison Officer at Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: 22 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Boehringer Ingelheim
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Medical Science Liaison Officer
Job ID: 1813448
- Providing Medical Services to, and Establish Scientific Collaboration with Selected Healthcare Professionals (opinion development).
- The Medical Liaison will represent BI for selected Healthcare Professionals/Providers, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information specially on risk management, safe and right patient profile as well as building up scientific relationships with top opinion leaders in the field of anticoagulation.
- Medical Liaisons will support business across therapeutic areas based upon the needs of the internal experts therefore cross functional team work is key for the success of the individual.
- Medical Liaisons will provide appropriate support in the activities listed below for the top opinion leaders.
The role includes:
- Selection of and providing scientific information to external speakers.
- Organisation and discussion/sponsoring of scientific events, including clinician Peer-to-Peer communication.
- Conduct local Advisory group meetings.
- Conduct Speaker trainings.
- Facilitate publication activities.
- Discussing research projects with external experts in case it’s needed.
- Facilitate the Investigator Initiated Trail (IIT) process in case it’s needed.
- Discussion of developmental studies or clinical studies/registries with Opinion Leaders and coordination of clinical studies with CRA/CRO.
- Monitoring competitor information, activities, and publication.
- Scientific Information Management and Dissemination:
- The responsibility will include handling medical information to health care professionals either in letter format/e-mail/ call or face to face meetings as well as performing literature searches for internal/external business partners for their responsible therapeutic field in case of requested data/letters reactively.
- The person will respond in a timely manner to personal or electronic enquiries with appropriate available information avoiding any promotional or promotion-like activity regarding non-approved products or indications.
- Medical Liaisons will establish themselves as reliable, trusted resources of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by customers/Opinion Leaders.
- MSL’s are able to discuss non-approved products or indication in response to unsolicited questions based on scientific data available in BI.
- Share Customer Feedback with Internal Groups:
- Medical Liaisons will share insights provided by clinical experts with internal teams across functions to better inform BI strategic direction for research and commercialization. This includes;
- Catch therapy trends and/or other developments in the specific therapeutic areas
- Share feedback of external experts internally (“Voice of the customer”), e.g. expert’s impression of clinical data, experts view of general therapeutic area landscape, experts reaction to promotional pieces, experts research interests.
- Share learning from publications, external meetings and other adequate channels internally
- Play a role in management of product issues.
- Provide recommendations about potential new investigators to Clinical Operations.
- Identifying future national and regional experts and speakers.
- Manage speakers and prepare agendas for CME meetings.
- Identifying national, sub-national/local influence or advocacy groups for their assigned product (s).
- Serve as an educational source for Sales Representatives, and internal stakeholders including actively participating in the training of Sales Representatives.
- Provide input on development of brand strategies based on knowledge of the specific therapeutic area.
- Maintain Scientific Expertise:
- Interpretation and writing of scientific literature
- Screening of Current Awareness Literature updates for the respective therapeutic areas.
- Conducting regular literature searches and library research and regularly updating medical representatives through email/cycle meetings.
- Attending external national and international scientific meetings.
- Meeting with peer group regularly for formal shared learning in order to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant
- B.Sc of Medicine, Pharmacy degree.
- With at least 1 year of relevant experience (MSL) in the human pharma field.
- Preferably with previous diabetes / CVS experience.
- Excellence interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced presentation and computer skills with expertise in literature identification and evaluation.
- Highly motivated and capable to learn large amounts of scientific content which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion (data dissemination) through letters or presentations and one to one meetings.
- Intellectual curiosity about the field of science/medicine for which they are responsible.
- Ability to work effectively and share information within a team environment.
- Excellent self-management skills and ability to adapt services provided based on customer needs.
- Good understanding of business and commercial environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Boehringer Ingelheim career website on tas-boehringer.taleo.net to apply
- Know More About Boehringer IngelheimSimilar Jobs
- SSA Vaccines Medical Manager at GlaxoSmithKline
- Export Markets Quality Executive at GlaxoSmithKline
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Senior Malaria Specialist at Malaria Consortium
- Nutrition Officer at Save The Children
- Pharmacy Services Officer at Health Plus Limited
- Senior Medical Officer II (KDUMESS 03) at KolaDaisi University
- Medical Officer at Dr. Abimbola Awoliyi Memorial Hospital