Our client is a Multinational textile company that produces and distributes fashion fabrics for the African market and African consumers globally. The company’s brands have become an essential part of African culture. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for a Trade Marketing Executive to be based in IBADAN with travels covering around Oyo State, Ilorin, Kwara state and Abeokuta, Ogun state.
Trade Marketing Executive
The job of a Trade Marketing Executive entails working outside the office environment sourcing potential customers and maintaining current customers to drive the business activation and distribution. To give input for analysis of all trade marketing activities across the channel/trade members. Drives the needed support to optimize product plan and product mix through the right trade channels revenue of the company in the short & long run.
- Identify growth opportunities per brand and product group, in line with consumer and channel trends
- Provide input into country key account plan to seize opportunities
- Segment and maintain customer base according to channel segmentation model for the sales territory
- Develop call plans according to channel segmentation model (call frequencies per account)
- Provide input into customized CVP per customer channel, segment and individual accounts
- Plan account call activities and customize within the prescribed CVP model per customer channel per account
- Agree sales territory resources (budget, and standard POSM) with Trade Marketing Manager and review on quarterly basis
- Deliver the CVP per customer account, according to call plans and account activity plans
- Offering marketing support by managing and distributing standard POSM and trade marketing materials including logistics and distribution within sales territory budget
- Keep customers updated about the group's strategies, brand & channel initiatives and explain implications with their CVP matrix
- Communicate opportunities about local market trends and report successful programs/activations to Trade Marketing Manager
- Share best practice information with the Trade Marketing team and functional managers.
- Develop an expert knowledge of competitor’s and their brand/product/ channel activity
- Controls, compliance and governance via audit reviews
- Customer prospecting and recruitment
- Maintenance and growth of existing customers
- Achieve sales targets of own territory per brand and product group
- Prepare prescribed reports and statistical data
- Channel landscape development, ownership and maintenance.
- Deliver CVP per customer channel, segment and individual accounts
- Candidate MUST be able to speak Yoruba fluently.
- Candidate should reside in IBADAN or be willing to live and work in IBADAN.
- Graduate with 1-3 years minimum commercial expertise gained across Sales/ B2B (Trade) Marketing or Sales Management.
- Relevant backgrounds include but not limited to: B2B Sales, Field sales, Trade Marketing, Channel Development, RTM Development or Sales Management
- The client will not cover relocation cost (if candidate does not reside in IBADAN) however, cost of duty travels will be covered.
- Proficient in use of MsEXCEL and other MsOffice tools
- Must be good at writing sales reports, sending mails and generally communicating to higher-ups in appropriate manner.
- Be able to work with financial reports and statistics
- Good track record in sales and marketing.
- Presentation, negotiation and influential skills.
- Good communication skills –written and verbal
Method of Application
Mail with a CV well detailed on your experience, responsibilities and achievements/accomplishments to email@example.com
Only suitable applications will be responded to.