Project Accountant at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: 29 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Adventist Development and Rel
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries-regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
- To support the stewardship of ADRA Nigeria’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, analyzing, reporting and providing core administrative and programmatic financial support to enable effective management of funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Ensure proper financial operations and regulatory compliancy adherence for all the financial transactions made.
- Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating in planning and training non-finance staffs where appropriate using finance management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country finance-specific plans and processes, aligned with donor requirements and wider ADRA Nigeria strategies, policies and processes to meet the humanitarian and development assistance needs.
- Analyze and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, and clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with organizational requirements.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to ADRA Nigeria programmes.
- Collate and analyze data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Adhere to financial controls and insight into ADRA Nigeria performance, undertaking periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas, which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks and advise the program manager.
- Represent department at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
- Follow standard emergency financial preparedness practices to ensure ADRA Nigeria is able to quickly respond and deploy assistance and needed resources to affected areas at as needed without delays without compromising required minimum standards.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- First degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in financial accounting, budgeting and administrative functions.
- Several years of professional experience in the accounting and reporting setting of cofinanced projects for International (aid) Organizations (including UN-Agencies)
- Has experience reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
- Has experience implementing accounting and internal control processes, as well as risk management.
- Experience in designing and implementing compliance regulations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in English only, through: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Recent Jobs from The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Program Manager at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Livelihood and Evaluation Officer at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Gender and Protection Officer at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-Safe Energy and Livelihoods at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Know More About The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)Similar Jobs
- Senior Accountant at InfoStrategy Technology
- Finance Officer at Swiss Credit Limited
- Asset and Liability Management Officer at VFD Group
- Treasury Middle Office Analyst at BitPesa
- Accountant II at The Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi
- Credit & Recovery Officer at MKOBO Microfinance Bank
- Risk & Compliance Team Lead - UPDC Plc at UAC
- Station Cashier at Rainoil Oil and Gas Company