AXA Mansard is a member of the AXA Group, the worldwide leader in insurance and asset management with 157,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 59 countries. The group is a conglomerate of independently run businesses, operated according to the laws and regulations of many different countries. Despite being written in upper case, "AXA" is not an acronym, the name was chosen because it is short and can be pronounced easily the same way in every language.
AXA Mansard was incorporated in 1989 as a private limited liability company and is registered as a composite company with the National Insurance Commission of Nigeria (NAICOM). The Company offers life and non-life insurance products and services to individuals and institutions across Nigeria whilst also offering asset/investment management services, medical insurance solutions and pension fund administration through its three subsidiaries AXA Mansard Health Limited, AXA Mansard Investments Limited and AXA Mansard Pensions limited. The company was listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange in November 2009 and has Market Capitalization in excess of N28 billion thereby remaining the biggest insurance company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Timely and hitch-free processing and payment of all statutorily approved categories of benefits to RSA holders, retirees or other categories of clients, as may be approved by regulation
- Continuous process improvement and innovative contributions to ensure best-in-class processing of benefits applications
- Consistent delivery of superior customer experience to all retirees and / or clients
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Oversight of the Benefits Department to ensure alignment with the firm’s overall business objectives, and ensure consistently seamless operation of the department
- Responsibility for smooth operation of the retirement benefit process, and ensuring that retirees and other clients receive their benefits on a timely basis.
- Responsibility for proper record-keeping of all transactions and client data within the department
- Management of all incoming communication from customers on all available platforms in relation to their benefits (walk-in clients, calls, emails and social media; e.g. Facebook), and overall responsibility for management and resolution of retirees’ complaints and issues
- Relationship management of retirees and continuous education of clients on the processes and required documentation for the various types of benefits’ payments
- Responsibility for determining appropriate withdrawal options through consultation with retirees
- Oversight of process for, and validating, the calculation of retirement benefits in line with predetermined formulae
- Verification of all supporting documentation for clients’ requests for benefits payments prior to processing on the applicable platform.
- Providing authorization and verification for processing of all categories of benefits payments:
- Retirement / annuity benefits payment
- Enbloc benefits payments
- 25% benefits payments
- Death benefits payments
- Voluntary contributions
- Any other category of payment as may be authorized by regulation
- Ensure that all processed requests sent for the various types of benefits payments through RMAS to the Commission are validated successfully.
- Liaising with the PFC for all the transactions between the PFA and the PFC in relation to benefits payments.
- Ensuring that payment approvals received from PenCom are duly checked, and authorization of payment instructions to the PFC at bank level for the credit of retirees’ or clients’ bank accounts.
- Ensure that quarterly statements of account are sent to retirees
- Ensure that monthly programmed withdrawals are paid before the 24th of each month
- Ensure proper and accurate posting of transactions in retirees’ RSA bank accounts at the bank level and on the applicable platform.
- To ensure that all benefit payments on the applicable platform. and at the Bank at the end of the day are reconciled with Fund Accounts unit
- Always assist other team members when necessary; e.g., following up with the Customer Care Unit, etc.
- Liaise with PenCom on all issues relating to benefits payments and administration, in addition to cultivating and maintaining good relationships with the relevant officers of the Commission
- Proactive contribution to the formulation and execution of business strategy, in addition to firm-wide process improvement initiatives
- Attend to any other duties assigned by CEO
Required Skills and Competencies
- University degree, or equivalent, in a numerate discipline, or relevant professional qualification
- 10 years post-qualification experience, of which 8 must be from financial services, and 4 must have been in managerial capacity
- Working experience in a Customer Service and Operations department.
- Exceptional verbal communication and very good interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications / software, such as, MS Word and MS Excel
- Good level of initiative and team spirit
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below