Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Location: Maiduguri and Damboa Borno
Supervisor : Fleet Assistant
Technical Supervisor: Logistics Coordinator
- Under the supervision of the above, and in technical link with the Logistic coordinator, the Driver is in charge of driving MdM vehicles according to the MdM procedures, and assisting the logistics team for maintenance of the office/guesthouse/warehouse and loading/unloading goods and material into the cars.
Driving vehicles and passenger safety and security of transported materials/equipments :
- Following MDM driving Regulation
- Adapting his/her behavior and driving to assure passengers' security, MDM equipment and the rest of road/street users (drivers, pedestrians, etc.).
- Always drive according to the Nigerian circulation code and respecting speed limits
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Ensuring having a valid driving license and always have it ready for any eventual inspection
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are valid and renewed before the expiration date (yearly road safety check, registration of main drivers with the Rental Company, etc.)
Maintenance of the vehicle:
- Checking on a regular basis the vehicle's motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, wind shield liquid, etc.
- Alerting direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need for maintenance
- Organizing or if possible carrying out of any necessary maintenance after validation of direct supervisor
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean on the inside and outside
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.)
- Refilling the fuel tank each time the tank is at half of its capacity
Remaining stand-by in the office in between movements
- Realize small purchases following the orders of the logistics officer
- Fill a logbook with kilometers and fuel consumption he does
- Supporting the team for manual tasks (load/unload the vehicle)
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform MdM team on log issues
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor
- Supporting operational organization of field trips
- Support in collecting quotations in Abuja on behalf of the log department
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the Liaison officer or Log Co in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request the liaison officer or Log Co
- Respect MdM rules and regulations including driver’s rules.
Profile of the ideal Candidate
- Education: O'Level Holder and above
- Professional Experience 5 Years
- Driving License is compulsory
- Additional Skills: Ability to work in low resource field environments.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Kanuri and Hausa are added advantage
- Personal Skills: Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, negotiation skills and flexible working hours
- Experience as a driver in other INGO is an added advantage.
Method of Application
- Thank you for your interest in our organization, please answer each question clearly and completely.
- By submitting this form, you certify that the statement you made in answer to the foregoing questions are true, complete and correct, please do not send email, just fill this form.
- Kindly note that MDM Nigeria does not ever require nor accept any compensation whatsoever in exchange for recruitment.
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Du Monde career website on docs.google.com to apply