Roving Logistics Assistant at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Posted on: 19 November, 2018
Deadline: 22 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference the lives of children in need.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors and is recruiting to fill the position below:
Roving Logistics Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: ASAP
General Description of the Position
- This position is a Nigerian national position. Position is based in Maiduguri with regular travel within the regions of Tdh operations in Nigeria.
- The Logistics Assistant will provide a comprehensive and coherent administrative support for the Tdh logistics operations in Maiduguri and other field sites in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the position is to implement logistic activities regarding the projects and the base(s) of TDH, more specifically:
- Management of the fleet of vehicles / equipment
- Stock Management
- Procurement - supply
- Management of office and guest houses functioning
- Management of the logistic team (drivers, watchmen)
Fleet management and Transport:
- Organize weekly vehicles movements and plan inspection in cooperation with the program team /activities and the Logistic manager
- Ensure the respect of the vehicle management procedure: log books, use of the vehicles, maintenance, cleaning…etc
- Supervise and follow the global maintenance of the vehicles in link with the drivers, and the rental agency
- Ensure all vehicles legal documentation and procedures are updated
- Ensure the vehicle follow-up every month, (fuel and voucher follow up), synthesis of cost per km, synthesis of maintenance cost, synthesis of total cost…) according TDH’ procedure
- Support base drivers team in their daily activities and tasks when necessary.
- Participate in the continuous general training of drivers and regularly test their knowledge
- Ensure that problems are reported to the rental company as soon as possible.
- Fill all the documents needed for transportation of goods (Packing list and Waybill)
- Identify suppliers, and collect quotations according to Line manager
- Ensure that all the needed information is filled on quotations
- Ensure a proper filing system of all procurement files and documents and constantly update the follow up tool
- Negotiate the price, delivery time and others terms with suppliers
- Ensure the quality of the purchase and the delivery deadlines
- Ensure the collected documents are compliant with the procedures: supplier stamp, signature.
- Provide invoices to the administration according to the rules of the organization
- Ensure a good communication with the program managers at all the level of the purchase process
- Report any problem with supplier to the Logistic manager
- Ensure the supply all recurrent items (Office supplies, cleaning items, drinking water, etc…)
- Identify with the Logistic manager the new suppliers and make a permanent research of new sources of supply on the benefit of the organization.
- Organize the flow of merchandise
- Take delivery of the items and check the quality & quantity
- Follow Tdh’s stock management procedures; Put in place and update/use all relevant tools (stock cards, stock list, delivery notes, etc)
- Do regular inventories (monthly) for the different items stored within the office and activity bases (projects and logistic items), and ensure it is spread to the programs.
- Crosscheck regularly the data between deliveries from stock and programs data (donation certificates) in close relation with the program manager.
- Ensure that all items are stored in good condition and that any missing or damaged goods are reported immediately to the line manager.
Assets and IT:
- Ensure all Tdh assets are manage according Tdh procedures
- Ensure tracking and recording in the assets follow-up
- Ensure the maintenance, proper use and utilization of Tdh equipment and devices (training to the user…)
- Ensure the management of the server
- Human Resources-Management
- Organize the planning and work of the team his/her supervising
- Provide the line manager a monthly report and forecast (Purchase follow up, Stock, Fleet data base)
- Immediate feedback in case of incident in and around our working area to the line Manager.
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promote Child Safeguarding policy.
- Report serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Formal education/training in logistics desired - can be compensated with experience (at discretion of evaluation team)
- Significant previous experience with similar tasks, particularly in procurement
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, Server, LINUX)
- Experience in team management
- Previous experience with an NGO is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environment
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- To have a valid driving license is an asset.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Hausa and Kanuri.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and 3 reference contacts to: email@example.com Please write "Your Name and position applied for on the subject line of your mail".
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to both male and female - Nigerian national only.
- Know More About Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)Similar Jobs
- Driver/Logistics Assistant at CBM International
- Supply Chain & Logistic Officer at Housessories
- Logistics Assistant at EMEL
- Fleet Manager at Gokada Incorporated
- Chief Product Officer at Gokada Incorporated
- Transport and Logistics Manager II at Tastee Fried Chicken - TFC
- Transport and Logistics Officer at Tastee Fried Chicken - TFC
- Fleet Officers at ConnectRail Service Limited