FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Health Management Information Systems Specialist
- FHI 360 is seeking candidates for a Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Specialist to provide technical leadership to an anticipated DFID-funded, five-year Health Investment Programme in Nigeria. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Will be responsible for designing and executing the overall HMIS strategy for the project and support the Team Leader/Deputy Team Leader to track the achievement of project results for HMIS under the DFID contract;
- Develop strategic alliances with federal ministries and agencies, state ministries of health, and health committees and technical groups on HMIS, along with international partners, donors, foundations working to advance health systems strengthening and quality improvement in Nigeria from the national level to the local government level;
- Support the Government of Nigeria in assessing, reviewing, and updating relevant strategies, policies, and guidelines related to HMIS;
- Provide technical support to the Federal and State Ministries of Health, the NPHCDA, state health care development agencies, and other relevant agencies in rolling out interventions;
- Facilitates the effective utilization and interoperability of health management information systems such as DHIS2 at all levels of the MOH;
- Support capacity development activities to operationalize the National Health Care Act;
- Support capacity development of the FMoH, SMoH, NPHCDA, SPHCDA, NHIS, SHIS and other relevant agencies to integrate HMIS activities in their objectives and programs to improve healthcare outcomes and service delivery in each state;
- Support research and build in-country learning around strengthening health systems in Nigeria;
- Support the development of metrics for HMIS and provide technical support for the integration of appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems at all levels of Ministry of Health.
Program Management and Monitoring:
- Manage the implementation of selected DFID program, including appraisal, monitoring (including field visits), lesson learning, and review of annual and financial reports;
- Maintain strong results focus with partners, and provide regular technical input into, and support for, the implementation of work-plans;
- Produce quarterly and annual reports on the achievements of the work with HMIS;
- Ensures project activities are in in compliance with all award conditions, HMG regulations, and country-specific special provisions.
Technical support, knowledge integration and learning:
- Monitor and report on public policy environment that impacts on health policy with a focus on health systems strengthening and quality improvement, including key discussions, innovations, reports, and policy papers;
- Promote and contribute to improved health sector coordination;
- Build strong and effective working relationships with Government of Nigeria, civil society, and other Development Partners working in HMIS, health systems strengthening, and related sectors by convening relevant stakeholders at various forums, conferences, and working groups;
- Manage and coordinate implementation learning related to HMIS.
- Master's degree, or its international equivalent or higher in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred;
- At least five years of professional experience in managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health management information systems, health policy and administration, service delivery models, health management, assessment of health systems, and supervision of activities and teams;
- At least five years of professional experience in managing DFID and/or international development organization projects and staff;
- Proven experience in successful implementation of programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and decentralized government levels;
- Specific technical expertise in at least one health systems strengthening technical area (e.g., health financing, health management information systems, human resources for health, supply chain, quality improvement, leadership & governance, etc.). Specific expertise in HMIS, eHealth preferred;
- Proven experience in DFID programmatic and financial regulations and reporting per DFID guidelines preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of Hausa and other local languages will be an advantage;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in the North and Northeast regions strongly desired
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.