Systems Administrator at IpNX Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 16 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IpNX Nigeria Limited
ipNX is an integrated info-communications company focused on providing every person, every home and every business in Nigeria with world-class information, communication and entertainment services.
Job ID: 53
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Department: Research and System Architecture
Reporting to: Chief Technology Architect
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Expected Key Results
- Administer server's infrastructure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns.
- Perform continuous system monitoring.
- Provide Tier II/other support.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum 2.1/Upper Credit Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Information Technology/Computer Science.
- Systems Administrative role in Linux environment.
- Previous years of experience working in ISP environment.
- Linux, Windows Server, Solaris administration experience necessary, in that order of preference.
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts - in Bash, Perl, Python.
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware highly desired. Storage Area Network administration experience a plus.
- Experience administering centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open source data backup solutions like Bacula, amanda, BareOS, etc.
- Experience deploying and administering web servers - Apache/Nginx/Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like OpenStack, a plus.
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling to build, configure and deploy, a plus.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of open source CPanel (website admin panel) and Relational Database Management System like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience supporting a high traffic customer facing website infrastructure.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting load balancing appliances in a production environment.
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IpNX Nigeria Limited career website on careers.ipnxnigeria.net to apply
- Know More About IpNX Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Graphic Designer at Print Anything
- Software Engineer at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Desktop and Server Specialist at GVA Partners
- IT Support Officer at Paykobo
- Product Operations Associate at Paystack
- Software Developer at Ciphernet Technologies
- IT Student at Simba Group
- Full Stack Web Developer (Intern) at Vasiti Dotcom