Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
The Solidaridad Nigeria Country Program seeks to recruit highly qualified and motivated staff in the capacity below:
- The position would be based in one of the towns/cities in the oil palm belt in Nigeria.
- The Finance Officer provides high level financial and accounting support to operations.
- The position reports to the Country Representative.
Monthly Management Accounts:
- Capture monthly transactions and reconcile bank accounts and petty cash
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
Programme and Project Finance:
- Assist with programme and project budget development record project expenditure acutely
- Reconcile travel and expense advances monthly
- Prepare monthly project budget controls and liaise with project managers.
- Prepare project financial reports
- Assist in preparing for audit and liaising with auditors
- Assist in preparation of budgets.
- Prepare payment requisitions
- File and maintain all records of financial transactions and bank accounts in accordance
- with financial policies
- Maintain a sub - assets register of the office and for specific projects that are assigned
- Ensure that banking arrangements are adequate to support the operational activities and that all bank transactions conform to agreed procedures and are appropriately documented.
- Maintain accounting records and financial controls in accordance with organizational
- policy and donor requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or other related fields.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization (international organizations, consultancies, bilateral agencies etc.)
- Accounting background and computer literacy are must
- Knowledge of Tally accounting software
- Service orientation - providing support to programme/project team members
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within an international cross-departmental team.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications with updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position in the subject line.
- High priority would be given to qualified female applicants
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.