The Concept Group is a holding company for companies established in 1992. Subsidiaries under the Group include: Rosabon Financial Services - Nigeria’s Leading Equipment Leasing and Financial Intermediary Company, Concept Nova - Bespoke Enterprise Software Development Company, Percy Aitkins - Bureau De Change.
Lead, Underwriter, Collections and Recovery
Supervises all activities in Underwriting, Collections and Recovery units while providing and implementing recommendations. Generating and ensuring that all reports as regards Underwriting, Collections and Recovery are efficiently and effectively carried out. Implementing policies to guide the activities in Underwriting, Collections and Recovery.
- Ensures turn-around time for each transaction is minimised to the barest minimum
- Ensures the credit worthiness of each transaction especially those above the level of junior underwriter by preparing, reviewing and analyzing risk criteria of potential customers
- Develops and implements strategies for effective credit assessment
- Reviews application of credit facilities and pointing deviations from the company’s credit policy
- Highlights quality assurance issues in credit proposals received from business areas
- Ensuring client details, loan amounts, interest rate, guarantor’s details are appropriately booked
- Ensures full recovery on all default accounts
- Ensures that every defaulting customer is contacted
- Ensures repossession of assets from defaulting customers
- Working Internal operations to ensure that asset disposal follow the appropriate procedures
- Ensures recovery of Bad or Doubtful Facilities
- Ensures appropriate procedures are followed when a lease expires and appropriate documents such as transfer of ownership and letter of non-indebtedness are give to clients
- Manages interbank relationships to ensure seamless processing for collections
- Follows up on Direct Debits and ensures timely posting and reversals
- Jointly maintains DD and PDC trackers with the Collections team
- Efficient management of cheque lodgement and ensures posting of cleared cheques
- Follows up on returned cheques for resolution
- Ensures that account statements are properly generated
- Ensures proper escalation of issues and its resolution
- Ensures that complaints from customers is at its barest minimum
- Ensures that team member comply with all policies associated with credit and risk management
- Ensures that all reports as regards underwriting, collections and recover are available periodically to the users of the report.
- Ability to make prompt and appropriate decisions as at when needed or choose rightly among different alternatives of solutions to a problem.
- Ability to handle and work efficiently with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and other softwares for the management of operations such as Remita, NIBSS, Standing Orders, IBS, etc
- Ability to form good relationships and keeping constant communication with clients
- Knowledge of all practices and procedures involved in credit and risk management and how they can be implemented in a way that minimises financial loss.
- Ability to identify gaps within the credit policies.
- Ability to understand and operate systems that allow exchange of fund between clients and the company, and the softwares or applications needed to do this.
- Knowledge of world class business practices needed to create the highest level of efficiency possible
- Ability to understand and oversee all procedures and operations involved in debt management and recovery of default accounts
- Ability to understand business trends, situations, practices, procedures and models
- Ability to guide and manage people, oversee processes, guide initiatives and steer employees towards the achievement of goals. Ability to make financial judgements
- Ability to pose solutions to everyday issues
- Ability to review, analyse and report activities and data in a way that is easily understood to make better decisions.
- Ability to cause a team to work together effectively to achieve the goals of the unit
Educational Qualification & Functional/Technical Skill or Certification
- HND/B.Sc Accounting, Finance,Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Underwriting, Collections and Recovery
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVS to firstname.lastname@example.org