PYXERA Global, a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and Nigeria that has worked in over 90 countries since 1990.
Finance and Administrative Officer
Locations: Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Region, Nigeria
Division: Enterprise and Community Development
Report to: Project Director, JIVA Nigeria Program
- PYXERA Global, a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and Nigeria has worked in over 90 countries since 1990, seeking to strengthen the local systems that drive prosperity and opportunity and forge community resilience. It is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Administration Officer to be based full-time in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Office, Nigeria. This position will work with the JIVA Nigeria team to implement an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing resilient agriculture and accountable education in the region. As a new initiative, JIVA Nigeria is part of PYXERA Global’s broader JIVA programming, housed within the Enterprise and Community Development division.
- The JIVA program traces its roots to a corporate volunteer project undertaken in 2011. The team spent a week working side-by-side with residents of three villages in rural Rajasthan, India. Inspired by this engagement, the Foundation partnered with PYXERA Global to identify the most pressing needs in the villages and empower the villagers to determine for themselves how best to meet these challenges. On the basis of this work together with the residents, the Joint Initiative for Village Advancement (JIVA) project funded by the Foundation and implemented by PYXERA Global began in January 2013.
- The JIVA Nigeria project will involve collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context. The Finance and Administration Officer will have the primary responsibility of successful financial and administrative management of the JIVA Nigeria Program in accordance with PYXERA Global policies and Nigerian laws. As part of the JIVA Nigeria team, the Finance and Administration Officer will also exemplify the JIVA Values and value and encourage teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic across all members of the JIVA Nigeria team.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day program cash flow management and maintenance of bank accounts
- Review and track all project payments to ensure accuracy and proper coding of invoices
- Manage office petty cash, and day-to-day expenditures; Ensure timely reimbursements and accurate log records
- Ensure proper and complete financial record-keeping (receipts, contracts, backups) using QuickBooks system
- Manage procurement, upkeep and tracking of project assets, including proper documentation of the procurement process through Requisition Forms, Selection Memos, and Purchase Orders
- Ensure accurate financial, procurement and administrative record keeping across field program offices
- Assist the Project Director to develop and submit timely and accurate Program financial reports and cash requests to PYXERA Global HQ; Provide updates to PYXERA Global HQ regarding any financial and/or administrative requests or discrepancies
- Ensure all project payments and operations adhere to Nigerian fiscal and labor laws; Ensure compliance with PYXERA Global and donor financial and HR policies and procedures
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the general ledger accounts
- Oversee employee payroll processing, to include payment and labor tracking; Payroll will be submitted to the Project Director for final approval
- Maintain complete and up-to-date confidential personnel files for all staff
- Liaise with partner organizations on financial issues, as necessary
- Oversee office maintenance and manage project property, infrastructure, and asset documentation
- Liaise with local legal counsel to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Perform supervisory role to subordinate staff as needed.
- Liaise with bank and ensure timely submission of reconciliation reports
- Other duties or tasks as required
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience managing accounts and procurement systems for a nonprofit organization or rural development program
- Strong knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting rules and systems; Experience working in Nigeria required
- Knowledge of market and purchasing options and challenges in Nigeria
- Familiarity with programmatic budget preparation and tracking; Multi-currency experience desirable
- Proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickBooks desirable
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required
- Membership of a registered professional accounting/finance organization is added advantage
- Nigerian national preferred
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV/Resume, Cover Letter, expected Compensation Package and list of 3 Professional References to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email please write, "PYXERA Global JIVA Nigeria Finance & Admin Officer 2018."
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.