FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Value for Money Manager
Requisition - 2018202204
- FHI 360 is seeking candidates for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director to provide technical leadership to an anticipated DFID-funded, five-year Health Investment Programme in Nigeria.
- Designs and oversees the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project;
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Ensure activities leverage best practices and deliver Value for Money (VfM) for DFID
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components;
- Work closely with the heads of projects to co-design monitoring tools, selecting indicators, and determining field monitoring responsibilities. Works to ensure tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems;
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting;
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of Nigeria counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Master's Degree or higher in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Demography, Health Management, Social Science, Biostatistics, Statistics, or a related field required.
- 8+ years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and research efforts, with at least five years experience in a management position.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated effective application of VfM
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods;
- Experience with DFID-funded projects;
- Strong background or formal training in evaluating international development programs such as but not limited to, Health Systems Strengthening, Integrated Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health and/or Maternal and Child Health;
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Hausa preferred
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Experience with and documented skills for design, implementation and oversight of electronic data collection tools (DHIS2, DHIS2 Tracker, CommCare, SurveyCTO), and in the use of data visualization techniques and software (DHIS2, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.