High Level Service Engineer (HLS) - (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 13 November, 2018
Deadline: 21 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
High Level Service Engineer (HLS) - (Supervisory)
- To handle and resolve all Switching Network related queries. Test and verify all new functionality both S/W & H/W and improve Network Performance
- Identify, analyse and plan for current and future needs of Network Operations in respect of high level support of network performance
- Implement, install and Integrate new nodes into Network as well as co-ordinate the calibration and repair of test equipment in the region.
- Implement all radio-related resolution once received from Head Office.
- Complete detailed Investigations on Cellular Network to optimize Network protocol layers and architecture (Includes SS7 signaling and AXE Plex Investigations) as well as New Functionality and Service testing as required.
- Assist Radio Engineers/Optimization/Facilities on Implementation; and Support personnel and One-man-bands (OMBs) with clearing of complex faults.
- Provide auditing and mentorship of regional radio staff and ensure basic level of competency for the Radio Engineers is maintained by providing necessary informal training and guidance.
- Assist Head Office RHLS with the evaluation of new Global Systems for Mobile communications (GSM) radio equipment, configurations, software releases, test and peripheral equipment.
- Report radio-related problems in the network that cannot be resolved in the region to Head Office RHLS.
- Resolve all Networks related faults and issues that maybe required from Second line Operation and Maintenance (SMC/CNO/DCG).
- Control and Administer Customer Service Requests (CSR’s) to relevant Switching Element Supplier(s), as well as test and integrate software upgrades/releases from Suppliers.
- Provide information and instructions from Head Office RHLS to all relevant regional staff.
- Distribute new software to relevant regional staff and generate report and update RHLS Activity Database.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid driver’s license
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in Telecoms sector.
- Ericsson AXE /or EWSD switching experience is desirable
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- RF Planning Engineer (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Mobile Application Developer at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Director of Product, Delivery Technology at Andela
- IT Graduate Trainee at Invent Alliance Limited
- Data Center & System Administrator at Health Plus Limited
- Linux System Administrator at eHealth4everyone
- DHIS2 Assistant at eHealth4everyone
- User Experience Designer at eHealth4everyone
- Senior Web Developer at eHealth4everyone