HealthPlus Limited is Nigeria's 1st Integrative Pharmacy, the fastest growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. Since 1999, we have been committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health & vitality. In 2010, a sister company was birthed - CasaBella International Limited. CasaBella, a one-stop store for beauty and grooming solutions is now a retail chain and a household name.
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
Senior HR Business Partner
Reference #: HP/HR/18
Contract Type: Permanent
- Advisory, Communications, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Counselling,Human Resources, Investigation & Compliance
- Industries: Healthcare,Human Resources,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Retail
HR Service Delivery/Employee Relations:
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the designated business unit
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes at BU level
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. S/he conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Take a coaching approach and provide management information to facilitate effective, consistent, empowering people management - expecting and enabling managers to assume increasing responsibility for all aspects of people management.
- Facilitates the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Work in partnership with senior management teams to identify the people implications of strategic and business plans and other developments
- Provide professional senior level, strategic and operational HR advice on the interpretation of HR policies and procedures, employment legislation, recruitment strategies, and managing change processes, providing risk analysis to support this
- Constructively challenge decisions which are not in best interest of the organization
- Facilitate effective workforce planning to identify the capacity and capability of the BU to deliver its objectives
- Facilitates recruitment for designated BU (in conjunction with Talent Acquisition)
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Challenges the organizational structure of the designated unit/s and proposes changes
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Relevant Certification - CIPM, HRCI, SHRM or CIPD required
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as HRBP or HR Manager (e.g. manager, supervisor, lead) with demonstrated successes.
- Proven ability to secure and analyse a range of quantitative and qualitative information and use this in developing strategies, plans, policies and solutions that meet individual and organisational needs.
- Skilled and credible in advising others on empowering people management.
- Strong computing skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent oral, communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve problems
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, high-energy individual who can multitask well
- Strategic thinker. Able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyse risks, make good judgments, and solve problems.
- Able to develop highly effective working relationships by building credibility, respect and rapport with internal and external networks.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Able to effectively and creatively challenge people, situations and current thinking.
- Project Management and Change Management Skills.
- Creative, resourceful, and pragmatic with a positive ‘can do’ and solution-focused attitude.
- Team player. Willingness to work in other areas of HR to manage peaks in the team’s workload and cover for colleagues as required.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.