Millie’s international school, Jericho, Ibadan, seeks a confident and experienced, forward-thinking Head of School with great energy and a sense of commitment to lead and to play a key role in developing and delivering our school vision.
We require a school leader who can inspire our children and engage positively with members of our school community. Someone with excellent communication skills as well as a strong interpersonal and organisational skill; that will use these to support Management in raising the school profile.
If you are a talented senior leader, then this is an excellent opportunity to lead a vibrant, highly ambitious and caring all school, which is committed to delivering the very best education for all our children.
Head of School
To become our new Head of School, you will have a demonstrable successful track record in:
Outstanding senior leadership experience and skills, in particular in the field of Teaching and Learning
A commitment to securing high quality inspirational teaching and learning for all
TRAINING OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate for this post must have a B.Sc. in Education or its equivalent
- Considerable experience of the British Curriculum
- Senior leadership experience (e.g. Head teacher, Deputy Head Teacher)
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional and personal development
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMEN
- Has gained experience of implementation of strategies for raising achievement across the school
- Has experience of monitoring and evaluating effective teaching and learning
- Is able to work closely with staff, parents and the school’s management to achieve common goals
- Ability to participate in the recruitment and selection of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Plan, allocate, support and evaluate work undertaken by the team ensuring clear delegation of tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with conditions of employment.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Has knowledge of statutory requirements relating to schools
- Shows an up-to-date knowledge of developments in education, teaching, learning and assessment
- Determines, organises, implements and monitors the curriculum and its assessment
- Ability to create and sustain an effective partnership with parents to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND SELF DEVELOPMENT
- Able to foster an open, fair culture and manage conflict effectively
- Acts as a role model for other staff by consistently displaying the school values
- Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity
- Shows resilience and recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Is adaptable to change and new information as well as unexpected obstacles
- Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations showing empathy
- Demonstrates inclusive leadership, valuing and learning from diverse perspectives
Method of Application
Email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com