Coordinator, Disaster Recovery (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 12 November, 2018
Deadline: 20 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Coordinator, Disaster Recovery (Supervisory)
Employment status: permanent
Department: Services: Info Systems - Service Support
- To coordinate the implementation of common Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery processes and evaluate, recommend and implement approved Disaster Recovery strategy.
- To support the overall Business Continuity Management process by ensuring that the required IT technical and services facilities can be recovered within required, and agreed, business timescales.
- Business growth, value created & cost-effectiveness achieved by process optimization
- Develop and implement a plan to provide fail-over capacity of all mission critical servers, applications and networks.
- Develop, review and standardize all recovery process and procedural standards to address routine, backup, redundancy and recovery architectures.
- Support the implementation of a Business Impact Analysis and business continuity plans
- Develop appropriate off site data and document repositories to be utilized if information were to be irretrievable at the head office due to a major disaster.
- Ensure the company’s data, data systems, infrastructure and networks are recoverable in the event of a disaster.
- Perform and analyze disaster simulations for the prompt restoration of services.
- Investigate current performance areas of IS Systems disaster recovery infrastructure and identify bottlenecks and develop ideas for performance improvements and implementation.
- Input into the DR Plan and execute in line with agreed schedule
- Drive and close of all DR related project and operation activities
- Track and monitor the implementation of changes that may impact Business Service Continuity
- Ensure all disaster recovery databases and file systems synchronization are up to date. Drive to closure where issues arise with systems that are not in-synch
- Develop, track and report all operations issues as it relates to Business Service Continuity.
- Ensure all failover tests, dry runs and back/up recovery activities are up to date. Track any issue to closure
- Develop and update all Disaster recovery procedure documents for all Mission Critical Processes
- Lead and direct disaster recovery testing for all Mission Critical Processes
- Draft Business Continuity Committee reports to be reviewed by the SM BSC.
- Support in the tracking of all IT related Risk , update Risk Register accordingly
- Develop and update all Business Continuity PPPs
- Ensuring that the Disaster Recovery facilities and services are in ready state to sustain the business at all times and in the event of a disaster with the same level of services and availability.
- Manage and leverage IS BSCs relationship with its key vendors, including day-to-day communications and coordination. This includes supporting the SM BSC in preparing business continuity KPI’s within contract
- Provide Support to Management on IT Risk
- Enhance customer satisfaction and perception of Information System Services
- Ensure IT Services are designed to deliver the required levels of disaster recovery as required by the business
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Requirements, Experience & Training
- 3 - 7 years of experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- A good understanding of available and emerging IT technologies (disaster recovery tools)
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and reporting disaster recovery metrics
- Knowledge of Business protection systems and experience of Contract Management type roles
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure Technologies, including Windows, Unix, SAN, Network and Database.
- Experience in use of Disaster recovery methodologies and tools
- Data network architectures including solid understanding of TCP/IP Functional Skills Development
- Incident Management
- IT Security
- Cyber Crime Defender
- ISO 27001:2013 Foundation
- Cyber Security Certification Leadership Skills Development
- Employee Effectiveness (L1)
- Telecoms A-Z
- MTN Customer Experience (Basics)
- Harvard Self-Management.
- Project Management methodologies (PMP or PRINCE2)
- Business Continuity and Contingency Planning.
- BA, BEng, BEd, BSc or HND
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Advisor Commercial Legal (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Energy Support Services (ESS) Specialist (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Coordinator, Continuous Service Improvement (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Business Relationship & Partner Management at MTN Nigeria
- Sim Registration Field Support Coordinator (Supervisor) at MTN Nigeria
- Analyst, Sales Support- Credit (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Closed Loop Feedback & Knowledge Delivery at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Customer Operations at MTN Nigeria
- Analyst, Customer Intelligence (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Project Management Assistant at eHealth4everyone
- Project Manager (Mechanical Engineer) at Recore Limited
- Project Manager at ConnectRail Service Limited
- WaSH Project Coordinator at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Project Officer at Randstad Construction Property Engineering
- Project Officer at VSO
- Project Manager at Vodacom Nigeria
- Project Officer at Greenswealth Corporate Services Limited