Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
Group Product and Platform Manager - Commercial & Operations
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- We are looking for a hands-on Product & Platform Manager – commercial and operations with deep enterprise platform expertise to achieve and deliver Venture Garden Group’s Platform Hold Co status.
- This is an exciting period of rapid growth for the company as we are transitioning from a product focused company to a platform-oriented company where our strategic business units can plug into data analytics and a payment platform, subsequently rolling out to companies within the VGG ecosystem and outside.
- This person should have a wealth of experience in product operations, product and technology strategy, and has a command of scalable architectures. This person thrives in ambiguity and is adept at shepherding value through the organization and into the market.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop a team of product managers.
- Product thought leader on the platform including requirements, prioritization, and the roadmap
- Synthesizing market needs into product requirements and driving alignment with leadership on prioritization for the roadmap
- Leading design sprints and other cross-functional exercises to explore product opportunities
- Owning the product roadmap within a product line, and executing with cross-functional teams to deliver on it
- Collaborating with Marketing, Technology, and Engineering groups to develop and drive product strategy for a product line while ensuring alignment with greater business goals and objectives
- Articulating a compelling product vision and inspiring cross-functional teams to rally around it
- Systematizing and scaling product processes within the Product team and across the organization
- Mentoring and fostering the development of best practices within the Product Management team
- Working across the organization to partner with and support various stakeholders key to delivering product
- Enabling customer-facing teams with product knowledge and direction
- Engaging with customers and lending product thought leadership in support of further product development, customer success, and BD activities
- Owning and managing the product backlog including writing stories, mitigating risk, prioritizing effectively, and unblocking the team
- Enabling highest-leverage work for yourself and others
- Supporting customer audits as a Product SME
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Led multi-disciplinary teams
- Product management of B2B SAAS enterprise platforms
- Excels at systems-level thinking
- Analytical and data-driven
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and ambiguity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extreme focus on detail
- Collaborative work style
- Demonstrates initiative and results driven
- Customer and user-centric
- 5+ years’ experience in product management
- Experience in FinTech infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience in telephony/Telco Infrastructure is a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent Communication
- Execution Focused
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Flexibility is important.
- Equal opportunity
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality