Finance Assistant at Center for Community and Health Development International (CHAD INT'L)
Posted on: 9 November, 2018
Deadline: 15 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Center for Community and Health D
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
- Under the supervision of the Head of Finance and the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant reconciles various bank accounts at the field, analyzes and reconciles items and provides staff with practical guidance on how to close these items.
- Systematically follows up long outstanding items and long outstanding open cases for bank reconciliations. Maintains appropriate finance records for the work performed.
- Follow all CHAD International policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
- Prepare and maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
- Implement and make sure all CHAD International Field Finance Manual, procurement, assets
- Receive requests for funds from teams within program sites for activities, check and process requests.
- Prepare payment authorizations. Follow-up on timely disbursement of funds to the staff in these regions.
- Receive, reconcile and submit financial returns from the sub field office to Field office -finance office for account registration purposes.
- Identify and follow up on outstanding obligations.
- Receive, check and submit travel advance claims from field based
- Keeps record of all cash, bank, advances and regularly updates
- Carries out weekly cash counts and whenever requested by the Senior Finance Officer, Finance Manager, Country Director and official auditors directed by the supervisor.
- Prints off all payment vouchers and matches with the documents to be filed.
- Pays or receives authorized bank payments and receipts.
- Makes sure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made per the AAM before payment of any cash or bank payments.
- Enters transactions to the accounting software under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer whenever required.
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian laws and standard accounting practice.
- Code all expenditures following the standard chart of accounts, coded budget and record to the accounting software or recording system daily and ensure weekly review and posting.
- Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers and other required documents.
- Prepare cash, bank and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT and other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly.
- Keep all finance documents and reports are properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner following FFM.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to CHAD International and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Any Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or advanced certificate or equivalent in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum of two years experience in handling cash and accounting.
- Any Finance experience is preferred.
- Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank mgt.
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel to CHAD International offices and take temporary assignments..
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages
Growth Factors :
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful CHAD International team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- CHAD International team members represent the Organization both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and CHAD International policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications, updated CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
- Know More About Center for Community and Health Development International (CHAD INT'L)Similar Jobs
- Head of Finance at AFM Recruit
- Investment Analyst at Pete Gelton Consulting
- Account Executive at Padoserve Limited
- Accountant at Padoserve Limited
- Head of Group Treasury at Jagal Group
- Senior Credit Analyst at Weatherford
- Mid Level Accountant at The Space
- Accountant at Robeck Locks Ltd