Church Drummer at Magnolia Concierge Enterprises
Posted on: 8 November, 2018
Deadline: 23 November, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Magnolia Concierge Enterprises
Magnolia Concierge Enterprises is recruiting on behalf of a joyful, passionate and diverse Church located just beside Sunrise Hills in Abuja, for the position below:
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
- Magnolia Concierge Enterprises is recruiting a Drummer for a joyful, passionate and diverse Church located just beside Sunrise Hills in Abuja.
- The position of Drummer for our client is a very important ministry as it relates to the church’s traditional worship style.
- The purpose of the position is to facilitate an atmosphere in which God is worshipped and glorified, and to contribute to the music ministry of the Church by playing the piano for congregational singing, choir and special music presented in worship services. It is a part time, 3-5 hours per week, and support staff position with duties primarily on Sundays.
- This part- time position will primarily be responsible for playing the piano for volunteer choir of approximately 25 plus people, playing the congregational music and assisting with the participation of the Body of Believers in solos, duets, trios, ensembles, etc. with either instrumental or vocal talents on a regular basis in the worship services.
- This position will be responsible for playing the drums for choir rehearsal and for the music during Sunday morning worship services.
- The music style of the Church is traditional (hymnals) with blend of some contemporary praise music. Additional accompaniment for the choir and congregational singing will consist of an organist and perhaps other instruments such as a guitarist, drums, or other instruments on occasion.
- This position requires that one work well with the Music Director, Pastor, other musicians, choir members, soloist, duets, etc. and reports to the Music Director as well as the Personal Committee. Work is reviewed through observation, supervisory evaluation, and committee and congregational feedback for effectiveness of the Drummer.
- Play for morning and evening worship service, one choir rehearsal each week including offertory, prelude and solos.
- Play for special services and special choir rehearsals (musical activities such as Revival, Christmas, Easter and other special programs.
- Congregational singing will be primarily led using the Red Book Hymnal therefore, familiarity with this hymnal is necessary.
- Consult with the Music Director on matters pertinent to piano maintenance.
- Perform duties requested by the Music Director and support all areas of the Music Ministry as needed for Sunday Services.
- Keep work areas neatly maintained and organized, presentable and neat at all times.
- Providing music for wedding and funerals is not included in the drummers responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Individual must be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ.
- Believe in the inerrant Word of God.
- Ability to read music is required.
- Possess a strong familiarity with southern gospel music, traditional hymns, gospel music in general.
- Individual must be able to work well with others and be able to thrive under the constructive criticism/ evaluation of church leadership.
- Prior church piano playing experience is preferred (volunteer or paid).
- Requires passing criminal and sexual misconduct background checks.
- Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com with their musical skill as the subject of the mail e.g “Application for the position of Drummer”.
- Kindly note that position is located near Sunrise Hills Abuja.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Magnolia Concierge Enterprises
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Church Pianist at Magnolia Concierge Enterprises
- Know More About Magnolia Concierge EnterprisesSimilar Jobs
- NYSC Corp Member at Halogen security
- I.T/SIWES Student at Attainables Edutainment Limited
- Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH) at INEC
- Presiding officer (PO) / Assistant Presiding officer (APO) at INEC
- Registration Area Center (RAC) Manager at INEC
- Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) at INEC
- Graduate Trainee Programme 2019/2020 at KPMG
- NAF Airmen/Airwomen Recruitment Exercise BMTC 2019 at Nigerian Airforce