Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS,TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
Project: Global Fund
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Database Officer will be responsible for the day to day operations of data processing. S/he is responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of AHNI/GF databases.
- The database approach incorporates the following principles: (i)data remains consistent across the database; (ii)data is cleafly defined; (iii)users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs; (iv)there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- The application design includes web, desktop and mobile GIS applications.
- Other responsibilities include the design and creation of special products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics.
Minimum Requirement Standards
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 5-7 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 3-5 years post nationat youth service relevant experience. Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS) and/or database management is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public-sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Database Officer - AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
Applicants should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume/CV as a single MS Word Document
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.