Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS,TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
Assistant Technical Officer - PCR Lab
Project: Global Fund
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Assistant Technical Officer-PCR Lab, will be responsible for Viral Load & EID/DBS sample reception, logging, preparation and storage
- HisTher responsibility will also include data entry from the Viral Load and EID forms in the LIMS database, Perform DNA PCR assays and RNA PCR assays (VL) for the National program, Involved in programming, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of all PCR equipment, Involved in Documentation and storage of DBS samples and Viral Load specimen management, Involved in collating PCR data reports, Involved in putting together monthly supply requisitions for the PCR lab, filling of CRRIFF, Participates in QualityAssurance areas and is part of the accreditation team,
- B.Sc. in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and 7-9 years relevant experience; or M.Sc/MBA with 5-7 years relevant experience in an NGO setting.
- Relevant software skills to include spreadsheet and data base software and Management Information Systems.
- Working knowledge of donor (USAID, CDC, DFID, Global Fund) contract and grant agencies are required.
- Ability to interpret funding regulations and develop implementing procedures is required
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS) implementation and accreditation process in resource constraints environment is a plus.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Assistant Technical Officer - PCR Lab - AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
Applicants should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume/CV as a single MS Word Document
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.