Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) / ICT Health Specialist
Location: Abia Application Link
Location: Osun Application Link
Location: Ebonyi Application link
Location: FCT, Abuja Application Link
Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year project awarded to Palladium (formerly Futures Group) on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country and sub-national levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in the areas of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. HP+ aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs.
HP+ will help public health and policy leaders attach higher priority to their national and sub-national health needs, secure sustainable financing, advance health equity, and monitor policy implementation to ensure gains stay on track. HP+ aims to secure long-term enduring change by working with coalitions both inside and outside of health and showing common cause with neglected populations and other development actors. Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
HP+ Nigeria is supporting state-level efforts to effectively capitalize on key health financing reforms, specifically the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF), by strengthening systems and structures to operationalize the fund, while also meet, and potentially exceed or improve performance to meet, the requirements of Primary Health Care Under One Roof (PHCUOR). Working in Abia, Osun, Ebonyi and the FCT, as well as some national-level support, HP+ Nigeria is looking to advance the following key objectives: (1) strengthen state-level governance, coordination, and synchronization to sustain stewardship and ownership of key health financing reforms; (2) identify and mobilize predictable and sustainable revenues for state-level health reforms; (3) improve transparency, accountability and efficiency of mobilized resources.
- The M&E/ICT Health Specialist, based in Abia, Nigeria will be responsible for monitoring state-level project performance and harnessing and analyzing data and results to measure state-level outcomes and project impact – to then feed into HP+ Nigeria results overall
- This position will also be responsible for supporting the deployment of information and communications technology (ICT) for the Abia State Health Insurance Agency (SHIA), following national-level guidance, and provision of technical assistance to the SHIA, primary health care (PHC) providers, and other key stakeholders for the effective deployment of the state ICT platform.
- This position will coordinate with the ICT Specialist and Senior Advisor, M&E, based on Abuja, while also working with relevant Washington DC (HP+ home office) technical support
- This position will be supervised by the Abia State Team Leader.
Reporting to Abia State Team Leader, the M&E/ICT Health Specialist will be responsible for:
- Support the Abia SHIA to select an appropriate ICT system for processing, analysis, and reporting of claims data.
- Collaborate with the Abia Capacity Development Advisor and Capacity Development Officer to provide hands-on capacity building and mentoring support to staff from relevant SHIA departments to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Support the Abia SHIA to verify and manage beneficiary data.
- Support Abia participation in the NHIS ICT Initiative.
- Collaborate with the ICT Specialist, based in Abuja, as well as counterpart state-level M&E/ICT Health Specialists, to coordinate ICT activities across the project and share best practices and lessons learned.
- Implement HP+ Nigeria Project Measurement Plan (PMP) to monitor project performance in Abia state; collaborate with Senior Advisor, M&E, based in Abuja, to adapt PMP when necessary.
- Work with Knowledge Management Advisor (based in Abuja) to track, collect, and save information and supporting documentation on achieved results in Abia state.
- Collaborate with Knowledge Management Advisor and Senior Advisor, M&E to compile state-level results for HP+ global Semi-Annual Reports (SARs) and Quarterly Reports.
- Collaborate with HP+ Nigeria team during annual workplan development to update, revise, or develop new HP+ Nigeria PMP.
- First Degree in related field with strong specialization in IT/ICT.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT/ICT.
- Relevant experience designing, implementing, and/or overseeing M&E activities for donor-funded health programs.
- Understanding of the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) a plus; experience supporting or knowledge of state health insurance schemes, in an ICT capacity, desired.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Experience building the capacity of others in ICT approaches strongly desired.
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills a plus.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with diverse cultural and professional staff members.
- Experience working on USAID funded projects is highly desired.
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required.