Chief Finance Officer at KPMG
Posted on: 6 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at KPMG
KPMG Nigeria - Our client is a Public Private Participation (PPP) Company, setup to facilitate and manage the operations of a large and fast-developing industrial base.
Chief Finance Officer
Ref No: NCF32
- In line with the Company's decision to ensure key roles are filled by qualified candidates with hands-on experience with implementing leading financial practices, the Company is looking for an exceptional Chief Financial Officer with proven integrity to lead its finance function.
- The CFO will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and he will assist the CEO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, investment analysis, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, procurement implementation and contract management.
Detailed Job Description
- Oversee financial management activities including annual budget development, financial planning and cash flow, and financial reporting
- Supervises and negotiate acquisitions; oversees the issuance of financial information and reports financial results to the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS, GAAP and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Roll-out of relevant policies and procedures, and define measures to ensure compliance and strict adherence to promote confidentiality, integrity, and security of corporate data and information
- Articulate finance and procurement strategies to facilitate the achievement of project goals and objectives and coordinate the evaluation and selection of vendors/contractors and the negotiation of contracts for procurement items
- Provide input in the development of effective procurement tracking systems to ensure prompt processing of procurement requisitions
- Define and articulate strategies to ensure the Company’s’ funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost
- Oversee the issuance of financial information and report financial results to the Board of Directors and Shareholders
- Directs the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, and ensures adequate cash flow to meet the Company’s needs
- Actively participate in corporate strategy development
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
- Relevant professional qualifications such as, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent
- Minimum of 20 years post-graduation experience out of which at least 10 years must have been in a Management position interfacing with the Executive team and Financial partners,
- Proven ability to negotiate with multi-lender consortiums
- In-depth understanding of various financing approaches, ranging from non-recourse project finance through to corporate finance
- In-depth understanding of valuation methods, to be able to value pre-construction project contributions (including deriving development premiums)
- In-depth understanding of the equity and debt capital raising process, and proven ability to optimize the capital structure of projects
- Experience in financing of project developments: track record of negotiating and securing debt financing at project and platform level
- Excellent negotiation skills to manage contractors, consultants and third party service providers
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Strategic communication
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from KPMG
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief Executive Officer at KPMG
- Project Director at KPMG
- Know More About KPMGSimilar Jobs
- Mid Level Accountant at The Space
- Accountant at Robeck Locks Ltd
- Principal Investment Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Finance Officer (Prosell) at Oxfam
- Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Assistant Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Accounts Payable Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International