Logistics & Procurement Officer at DBH Solutions
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at DBH Solutions
DBH Solutions is an African Infrastructure and Information Technology company primarily based in Nigeria, West Africa. We are industry leaders in providing quality standards based infrastructure and technology solutions to a wide range of sectors.
Logistics & Procurement Officer
- We are looking for a hardworking and committed officer to manage logistics and supply. A proactive individual who would be a strong interface between Engineering & Construction, Operations, Contractors and Freight Forwarders.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conferring with heads of department to ensure materials delivery (foreign and local) of projects is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guideline
- Implement strategic procurement including, vendor selection and evaluation, quality management, performance measurement.
- Ensure effective use of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement
- Provide all necessary documentation to vendors
- Responsible for reviewing documentation, data entry of inventory transactions, identifying and reporting discrepancies, and restocking the shelves.
- Maintain and update all procurement files and transaction tracking matrices.
- Manage AWB, BLS and P/L documents towards tracking all incoming air / sea freight
- Manage all door to door shipments such as DHL, TNT, UPS etc
- Handle requests for purchases from local vendors
- Track purchases from order placement until it arrives
- Compare prices and expected delivery dates proposed by suppliers.
- Choose the best bid.
- Locate stock and deliver items to their destination upon request.
- Make transportation arrangements for delivering materials to site and ensure that all items delivered are in perfect condition.
- Ensure incoming deliveries are accurate and stock warehouse with new orders.
- Take inventory and identify reorder needs for supervisor’s approval.
- Check order forms, delivery requests, and approval forms to ensure proper documentation, accuracy, and on time deliveries.
- Create a comprehensive database of stock items, prices and movement.
- Create a database of supplier, items supplied and the prices
- Keep track of inventory.
- Verify package meets all client specifications and client is satisfied.
To be considered for this role, the person must have:
- A strong 2’1 in any related field
- Minimum of 1-year cognate experience
- A background and/or certification in Supply Chain Management (basic procurement, clearance of cargo, transport, warehousing, asset management, etc.), a plus
- Evidence of practical experience in logistics management, safety/security processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Book keeping, inventory skills
- Strong prioritization skills
Attractive, negotiable and commensurate with experience. Additional job-related benefits applicable.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About DBH SolutionsSimilar Jobs
- Supply Chain Advisor at fhi 360
- Buyer at Jagal Group
- Outbound Logistics Supervisor at UNOCASA Limited
- Warehouse Supervisor at Sales Force Consulting
- Logistics Supervisor at Dogan's Sugar Limited
- Procurement Officer/ Store Keeper at ASA SECURITY
- Procurement Coordinator (Proact & Prosell) at Oxfam
- Senior Procurement Officer (Pharmacist) at Health Plus Limited