DBH Solutions is an African Infrastructure and Information Technology company primarily based in Nigeria, West Africa. We are industry leaders in providing quality standards based infrastructure and technology solutions to a wide range of sectors.
Logistics & Procurement Officer
- We are looking for a hardworking and committed officer to manage logistics and supply. A proactive individual who would be a strong interface between Engineering & Construction, Operations, Contractors and Freight Forwarders.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conferring with heads of department to ensure materials delivery (foreign and local) of projects is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guideline
- Implement strategic procurement including, vendor selection and evaluation, quality management, performance measurement.
- Ensure effective use of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement
- Provide all necessary documentation to vendors
- Responsible for reviewing documentation, data entry of inventory transactions, identifying and reporting discrepancies, and restocking the shelves.
- Maintain and update all procurement files and transaction tracking matrices.
- Manage AWB, BLS and P/L documents towards tracking all incoming air / sea freight
- Manage all door to door shipments such as DHL, TNT, UPS etc
- Handle requests for purchases from local vendors
- Track purchases from order placement until it arrives
- Compare prices and expected delivery dates proposed by suppliers.
- Choose the best bid.
- Locate stock and deliver items to their destination upon request.
- Make transportation arrangements for delivering materials to site and ensure that all items delivered are in perfect condition.
- Ensure incoming deliveries are accurate and stock warehouse with new orders.
- Take inventory and identify reorder needs for supervisor’s approval.
- Check order forms, delivery requests, and approval forms to ensure proper documentation, accuracy, and on time deliveries.
- Create a comprehensive database of stock items, prices and movement.
- Create a database of supplier, items supplied and the prices
- Keep track of inventory.
- Verify package meets all client specifications and client is satisfied.
To be considered for this role, the person must have:
- A strong 2’1 in any related field
- Minimum of 1-year cognate experience
- A background and/or certification in Supply Chain Management (basic procurement, clearance of cargo, transport, warehousing, asset management, etc.), a plus
- Evidence of practical experience in logistics management, safety/security processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Book keeping, inventory skills
- Strong prioritization skills
Attractive, negotiable and commensurate with experience. Additional job-related benefits applicable.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to: email@example.com