- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Centre Manager, American Corner at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria
Co-creation Hub Nigeria is a social enterprise committed to bringing together stakeholders from different walks of life to work collaboratively on solutions to social challenges facing the Nigerian society.
Centre Manager, American Corner
- American Corners are the first places to visit when you have questions about the United States. The goal of each Corner is to provide general, substantive and accurate information about the United States to interested parties. Materials in the American Corners cover a wide range of subjects pertaining to the United States, such as its policies, society, education, and culture.
- Under the general supervision of the Director of the CcHUB, the Centre Manager of the American Corner in Lagos, Nigeria coordinates, plans, organizes and directs the activities of the corner
- The Centre Manager serves as the liaison person between the Library and the U.S. Consulate in Lagos as well as local institutions such as businesses, universities, schools, and organisations with an interest in the United States.
- The Corner is an American-style cultural centre and cooperative learning environment designed to increase mutual understanding between Nigeria and the United States.
- The corner offers programs/activities in five core areas: EducationUSA advising, English language learning, cultural and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) programs, alumni engagement, and information about the U.S. The corner also offers resources, such as books, films, games, “maker space” equipment and Internet access.
- You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to make the Corner a centre of creative engagement between young Nigerians and Americans, a place where innovative and creative activities happen on a regular basis, and where visitors will feel comfortable and welcome
- He/she will demonstrate the ability to initiate and sustain a broad program of activities, including but not limited to: student clubs, EducationUSA advising, English language training, film screenings, lectures, workshops and seminars, digital engagement, and “maker-space” activities with a variety of tools and equipment where users can cultivate STEM skills through hands-on learning experiences.
- This position is full-time, working on a varying schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- In the first year, coordinate and serve as a principal point of contact (POC) for all matters related to the renovation and redesign of the existing Corner space at the CcHUB
- The Corner Centre Manager will brief the Information Resource Center at the U.S. Consulate and the Information Resource officer in Abuja on the progress of work on a weekly basis or more often if required and communicate with CcHUB officials on the Embassy’s needs and goals.
- Initiate and sustain a broad program of activities, including but not limited to student clubs, English language training, film screenings, lectures, workshops and seminars, cultural events, digital engagement, and maker-space activities. Some programs may take place outside the space of the Corner. Once fully open, the Corner must implement at least 24 programs per year, though more will be expected in order to meet the “Gold Standard” required.
- Report monthly to the Information Resource Center at the U.S. Consulate on all Corner activities and user statistics.
- Draw upon U.S. government and Nigeria Fullbright Commission exchange grantees and visitors, including English Teaching Assistants, English Language Specialists, Fullbright scholars, visiting speakers, and cultural performers, as program resources, arranging events for them at the Corner and other venues in Lagos and devising programs for them to engage with a broad range of students.
- Work with U.S. Embassy and Consulate’s Public Affairs staff to disseminate information about studying in the U.S. to Nigerian students and proactively reach to alumni of U.S. government exchange programs that promote alumni engagement.
- Build close relationships with the academic departments of universities, exploring ways to use the Corner as a “maker space,” a location for innovation and exploration of new technologies as a part way to job creation.
- Understand and promote to Corner visitors the full range of online and physical resources available at and through the Corner, including computers, iPads, eLibraryUSA databases, interactive web chats, and other Internet-based events.
- Manage the Corner’s presence on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other similar sites, including sharing, posting and developing unique content that builds mutual understanding between the United States and Nigeria.
- Operate and maintain computer and digital equipment such as tablets, laptops, cameras and 3D printer; set up equipment for interactive online programming using network connections and wifi.
- University Degree required. General knowledge of U.S history and politics, values, society, culture, and education
- Experience studying in the United States or holding ECA alumnus/a status is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with customer service, administration, and logistics.
- Experience working with youth audiences.
- Experience with online and digital technologies preferred.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Skill in prioritizing work assignments to handle multiple tasks; ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Ability to assess community interest in American topics.
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out wide variety of programs that promote the Corner and its resources to target audiences.
- Ability to plan and maintain a budget and accurate records.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence in English.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and sensitivity to diverse cultural backgrounds.
- An “entrepreneurial spirit” that can identify and follow up on additional sources of in-kind support for Corner activities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria career website on jobkitten.com to apply
- Know More About Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Managing Director at Vodacom Nigeria
- Operations Trainee at Tizeti Network Limited
- Operations Specialist, P4 at UNICEF
- Station Head at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Front Desk Officer at AT&A Investment Limited
- Office Assistant at Protaxi
- Accountant/ Administrative Officer at Summit Orthopaedics
- Receptionist at Summit Orthopaedics