- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Accountant - Site Maintenance (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Accountant - Site Maintenance (Supervisory)
- Responsible for robust datamining, analysis and reporting of all site lease activities
- Develop and maintain site database and continuously ensure reliability of the database system
- Reconcile all RFI sites in the lease tool for completeness and accuracy of monthly Accruals.
- Calculate and update the escalated prices in the lease tool.
- Ensure all applicable exchange rates are duly captured in the lease tool.
- Provide monthly report on sites RFI not yet integrated.
- Provide other financial analysis as may be required.
- Need for high level of sound judgment and discretion
- Receive information from stakeholders and process it accordingly
- Monthly computations of NWD NCAA and OEM’s schedules for Opex accruals tracking of the tower providers requisition and analysis of other Opex requisition internal commitment.
- Prompt resolution of internal and external customer query with other departments
- Prepare monthly schedules for site additions, decommissioning and recommissioning.
- Provide accurate data for monthly accruals
- To investigate and resolve all stakeholders concerns.
- Contribute towards improvement of controls related to accounting for network towers/sites
- To participate in the month end closing activities.
- To oversee the administrative and operational activities of MTNN sites.
- Update and maintain the sites register on the lease tool database for MTNN
- Properly account for sites based on contracts with Tower providers and MTN policies, processes and procedures
- To ensure that the day to day update of sites (RFI and Integration) are captured live on the lease tool.
- Prepare monthly site and payment reconciliation statement with Tower providers
- Analyze all site transactions for accuracy and completeness in line with relevant IAS and local GAAP
- Site Database Management. Co-Ordinate Daily update of all site activities (RFI, Integration, Decommissioning, consolidation, etc.)
- Implementation and control of site management, manipulation and reporting activities
- Development of new features in lease tools, based on Business requirements.
- Conduct training intervention on lease tools for staff nationwide. (as need arises)
- Control Database User Rights & privileges, and data availability for the company
- Management of Data extracts and uploads on all databases. For analytical purpose.
- Developing ad hoc reporting templates for analytic purpose.
- Ensure site count in the lease tool conform to MTN board approvals for the year.
- Ensure Archiving of Reports and Daily Database Backup.
- Ensure 24x7 database availability, with minimum downtime.
- Supervise implementation of Approved site build Change Request (CR) as it affects RFI, integration, decommissioning and relocations.
- Ensure duly approved RFI, integrated, decommissioning and relocated sites are uploaded into the lease tool.
- Ensure that the monthly RFI/ integrated/decommissioned/relocated site reports undergo the APPROVED business reporting process.
- Collect, analyze, interpret and summarize data to generate statistical and analytical reports
- Maintain records of research methods and results and back up all databases
- Research new database development requirements and produce model based on the requirements
- Maintain database links to ensure they are functioning properly
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders to ensure all processes are dully followed & adequate documentation are carried out.
- Effectively manage all external stakeholders
- Ensure end to end maintenance of the lease tool
- Timely reconciliation of RFI/Integrated/Decommissioning/Relocated sites
- Provide accurate data for monthly accruals
- End to end monitoring and update of TowerCo’s information and payment
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Professional Accounting Qualification
- 3-7years experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience in a similar/ related function
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Creative thinking
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Team Lead, DCG & Integration (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Budget & Financial Control at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Treasury Deals-Fixed Income (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - Core Network Planning (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - BTS Field & Radio HLS (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, New Ventures at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Finance Services & Control Budget at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, Fiber Support (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Sales and Trade Development at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Accounts / Data Clerk at Twin Star Industries Limited
- Account Graduate Trainee at Tizeti Network Limited
- Cashier at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Finance Assistant at Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Experienced Hire at MyJobMag Limited
- Audit Staff at Dara Ajayi & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Factory Accountant at Victoria Water Services Limited
- Accountant/ Administrative Officer at Summit Orthopaedics