Engineer - BTS Field & Radio HLS (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Engineer - BTS Field & Radio HLS (Supervisory)
- To support MTN Radio network with respect to test equipment, technical support and equipment evaluation.
- To provide 2nd and 3rd line support on radio network and national radio operations functions with respect to maintenance procedures, standards and Audits.
- Ensure value created by optimising business projects/activities by resolving issues with vendors and permanent resolution and analyse trend of radio related fault, identifying internal and external interference sources
- Plan and monitor base station expansion as well as re-configuration is carried out according to schedule and with minimal distortion to service quality.
- Develop skill of Radio Support and Implementation Engineers by providing necessary informal guidance and on-the-job/in-house training.
- Evaluate, test and coordinate:
- New radio equipment,
- Software releases
- Peripheral Equipment, and
- Calibration and repair of Test Equipment
- Carry out random routine site maintenance/performance checks to ensure integrity of MTN Nigeria’s assets and to ensure that maintenance work meet MTN Nigeria’s specification.
- Provide auditing and mentorship to regional radio support staff in order to ensure that the right procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Assist Engineers (Optimization and Implementation) with resolution of complex and related emergency faults.
- Resolve all escalated Trouble Tickets within the Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and escalate unresolved Trouble Tickets to 3rd line Support (Vendor/Supplier) and follow up for prompt resolution.
- Escalate radio related faults that cannot be resolved to vendors for further investigation and permanent resolution and analyse trend of radio related fault, identifying internal and external interference sources.
- Update radio HLS activity and Tools/Test Equipment database.
- Maintain good working relationship between network operations department and all associated parties within the company and externally
- Communicate and ensure understanding of technology updates and distribute new software and usage instruction to relevant staff.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid driver’s license
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science or any related Field.
- 3-7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Radio & BTS experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecomm operator
- Experience in transmission, Radio frequency propagation and radio planning is essential
- Radio/Micro Wave equipment installation and maintenance.
- GSM Systems
- BSS of Ericsson Equipment
- BSS of Huawei equipment
- Digital radio transmission to STM1 level
- Multiplexing equipment
- BA, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Team Lead, DCG & Integration (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Budget & Financial Control at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Treasury Deals-Fixed Income (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - Core Network Planning (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Accountant - Site Maintenance (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, New Ventures at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Finance Services & Control Budget at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, Fiber Support (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Sales and Trade Development at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Health Management Information Systems Specialist at fhi 360
- Fullstack LAMP Developer at Alister Greene Consulting
- Systems Administrator at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Graphic Designer at Fadac Resources
- Information Systems Auditor at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
- Graphics Designer at Contec Global Infotech Limited
- Test Automation Engineer at GitLab Inc.
- Graphics Designer at Transsion Holdings