Commercial Lawyer at Stresert Services Limited
Posted on: 1 November, 2018
Deadline: 20 November, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Job Grade: Associate 2
Department: Corporate & Commercial
Supervisor: Managing Partner/Senior Associate
- Actively engaged and assisting in providing Corporate & Commercial advisory services including negotiation and contract management, client management, networking and business development.
- Your practice focus will be Capital Markets; Intellectual Property, Start Ups and Technology law.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with clients and cultivate a strong client / lawyer relationship.
- Understand and interpret Capital Market Rules, Codes and Regulations. Proffer advice on Project and Asset finance transactions as well as Capital Market transactions.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret complex commercial agreements in support of a broad spectrum of business initiatives under the supervision of Senior Associate(s) and/or the Managing Partner.
- Actively engage in transactional, joint venture and M&A due diligence reviews, document preparation and negotiations, ensuring compliance with applicable national and international laws and regulations.
- Proffer legal opinions and draft agreements with minimal supervision, draft and review Finance and security documentation.
- Maintain an active network of Industry contacts, including trade associations, regulators and public authorities.
- Responsible for managing the Firms ‘Intellectual Property portfolio and liaising with relevant IP Agents at the various Registries to ensure regular status reports on clients IPR’s are effectively monitored and clients kept informed.
- Consistently drafting scholarly legal articles on ‘Hot topics in area of expertise and participating in speaking engagements.
- Responsible for providing legal advice on a wide range of Technology related agreements.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of engineering and technology contracts, and other related agreements such as licenses, NDAs, SLAs and collaboration agreements.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills and utilizing technical/ business and legal information with the ability to achieve the desired outcome.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective client relationships whilst managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to ensure harmonious working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures billing responsibilities are discharged properly and in a timely manner.
- Provide mentorship to juniors and work as a team with other Associates.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as delegated or assigned by the Managing Partner and Senior Associate.
Qualification & Other Attributes
- A good academic qualification degree from a recognised university and the Nigerian Law School. Relevant post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 - 6 years’ post qualification active experience in corporate commercial engagements, capable of drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- A level of interpersonal skills sufficient to enable the post holder to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships, with senior contacts both internal and external.
- Highly focused commercial approach to business in addition to legal flair.
- Concise and precise drafting skills.
- Good eye for detail and effective time-management and time management.
- The ability to remain confident and assured in difficult circumstances, and to possess the resilience and stamina to sustain performance, particularly when under pressure.
- The ability to keep abreast of professional, legal, technological and working practice changes and to impart such knowledge as necessary.
- Very attractive
- Other benefits include 13th Month salary, Health Insurance + Dependents, Mobile Phone & Allowance, Leave Allowance & Performance Bonus.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Transact’ as subject of application
Note: Candidates who meet the requirements will be invited for interviews.
- Know More About Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Chief Compliance Officer at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Advisor Commercial Legal (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Legal Manager at MINISO Lifestyle Nigeria Limited
- Legal Officer at MINISO Lifestyle Nigeria Limited
- Security Liaison Supervisor at Biswal Limited
- Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory at MTN Nigeria
- In-House Counsel/Company Secretary at OneFi
- Legal Associate at Eduwalt Communication