Foundation for Societal Empowerment and Rejuvenation (FOSER) is an independent membership, non-governmental and nonprofit organization which started with a group of committed members drawn from a spectrum of professional with technical backgrounds who are distinctly familiar with their various societies norms and cultures ranging from Africa, Europe, America etc. and whose personal sacrifices and commitments leads to groundbreaking achievements within a few years of its establishment.
Supply and Logistics Officer
The Supply and Logistics Officer provides technical support in procurement, fleet management, warehousing and property management to the country office. Key deliverables for this position include general administration of logistics processes in terms of warehousing, fleet management, documentation and reporting of all procurement processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Procurement and purchasing
- Support identification, evaluation and development of project supply plans and annual procurement plans.
- Coordination and administration of the operational, financial, administrative, and technical operations of the function; serves as a resource to the Country office regarding supply chain and logistics processes, procedures, systems and policies.
- Procure and ensure the continuous availability of needs for the smooth running of the office, programme and at times field offices; supports the overall team in achieving an on time and within budget delivery of requests without compromising quality and policy objectives.
- Source or support in sourcing of goods and services, focusing on optimising cost, quality and service delivery via efficient procurement planning and scheduling, inventory minimisation and customer order fulfilment requirements.
- Support vendor selection processes and select top quality 3rd parties and partners based on predetermined criteria and set FOSER standards.
- Ensure that there is an approved requisition for all purchases with valid project/fund numbers dully filled out before any purchase is made; ensures assignment of unique Requisition number to each requisition and ensures proper registration into requisition tracking sheet.
- Study approved requisitions and raises any unclear issues with regards to specifications, delivery times with the respective requesting officers & partners.
- Solicit for enough quotations according to FOSER policies from reputable vendors using acceptable competitive bidding procedures. All requests for bids must be in writing and documented on file and on soft copy.
- Compile a detailed Bid Analysis and submit to the Supply & Logistics Manager for review and approval.
- Prepares Purchase Orders (PO) for the successful bidder following approval of the bid analysis and makes sure that contracts, when needed, are properly signed and filed.
- Ensure that PO’s and contracts are secured before purchases are actually made. Maintains close communication with the vendor/supplier to ensure prompt delivery and keep requesting officer informed on the progress of procurement.
- Ensure complete procurement documentations following receipt of goods and receipt of invoice with TIN (Tax Identification Number) of the supplier(s).
- Implement and document FOSER standard procedures and practices of purchasing and promote accountability of resources.
Warehousing and Stock Management
- Ensure that all goods are packed safely and segregated according to their nature based on FOSER standards.
- Manage stock data and tracking systems in accordance with FOSER standard procedures
- Ensure receipt of goods is in good order as described on the purchase order and requisition ensuring relevant technical advice for receiving goods of specific technical nature
- Organise the loading /unloading of store goods when dispatching
- Carries out regular stock reconciliation and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Ensure all health, safety and security precautions by all people involved in the store
- Ensure the timely maintenance of the warehouse and all equipment related to safe storekeeping
- Ensure store management policies and procedures are implemented in all programme locations including emergency response offices set up temporarily; ensure that there is no unauthorised access to the store and the store area is smoke-free
- Produce stock/warehouse management reports on a monthly basis or when required
- Update inventory database sequentially, number of units, serial no., description of property, project no. /voucher no., date acquired, purchase cost, condition, location, user, expected disposal date if applicable.
- Year End Inventory Verification
- Conducts annual physical count of property and maintain update file copy.
- Documents discrepancies from the previous inventory such as vehicle accident, damage, condition, location transfer etc.
Transport and Fleet Management
- Supervise drivers maintaining the vehicle fleet and coordinating vehicle allocation for staffs, partners and visitors.
- Supervise the work of the drivers to ensure proper vehicle allocations, tracking of vehicle-related costs inclusive of monitoring maintenance/repair/service schedules and fuel.
- Ensure proper vehicle allocation.
- Maintain accurately and update vehicle files and ensure that mileage log sheets, vehicle repair records, service and related costs documentation are prepared using Terramar networks and used as required.
- Ensure monthly fuel usage reports for all vehicles are prepared and maintains proper file records.
- Ensure monthly spares usage and vehicle service reports.
- Ensure that vehicles are checked for roadworthiness before any assignments
- Ensure that all vehicles insurance are renewed and up to date
- Provide advice and support on vehicle repair and management
- Establish regular service schedule and ensure proper maintenance is carried out by liaising with vehicle garage or maintenance staff.
Asset and Property Management
- Prepare and register all fixed and non-fixed assets and equipment in the registers according to FOSER procedures.
- Conduct periodical and annual inventory counting and reports to the line manager according to FOSER procedures.
- Keep track of all asset and equipment movements and updates assets and equipment registers
- Support assets management, replacement and disposal; ensures timely and accurate asset disposal with proper documentation and entries in the registers.
- Prepare schedules to track lease expiry dates and rent payments and submit them from approval on an agreed periodic basis.
Administration & Management
- Facilitate hotel and guesthouse bookings for FOSER staff and visitors, follow-up the presentation of monthly bills and ensure that approved payment request is submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitor the usage of utilities to ensure cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitor the usage of fuel for the generator and ensure maintenance of generator takes place periodically
Educational, Experience & Competence
- First degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline of study.
- Minimum of 4 years “hands-on” working experience in logistics management with an NGO including 1 year at supervisory level.
- Proven experience of establishing and implementing logistics/procurement systems, warehouse and fleet management.
- Good understanding of working with donor requirements and prior experience of monitoring/managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm whilst deal with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Accounting/ Procurement software etc.)
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards.
- Ability to represent FOSER in a professional and competent manner with external individuals and organisations.
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility. Ability to work creatively, effectively and under own initiative.
- Professional accreditation certification in supply chain management, warehousing, fleet management, logistics or facilities management.
Method of Application
Candidates interested in this position should please email an application letter and Curriculum vitae as one attachment to Hr@foser.org.ng with the position title as the subject of the email. Due to the urgency of this position, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. All shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.