Electrical Engineer 1 at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Posted on: 29 October, 2018
Deadline: 1 November, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Electrical Engineer 1
Category: Electrical & Instrumentation
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Provides electrical technical support for the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of the plant’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Provides leadership and project support for electrical systems as part of process plant investments and/or electrical system modifications. Serves as a resource to other disciplines in all phases of the capital project effort (e.g., provide consulting, power study reviews, equipment strategy development, maintenance reviews, participation in HAZOPs, evaluation of proposed facility equipment or operating mode changes etc.).
- Applies design, equipment, and installation standards for electrical equipment in oil & gas facility applications.
- Stewards progressive electrical technologies for plant applications with sound engineering judgment.
- Provides review and direction in the development of maintenance and operating procedures for electrical equipment.
- Investigates electrical failures and provides recommendations to improve system and equipment reliability.
- Interfaces with diverse groups including vendors, instrument technicians, electricians, process operations and console technicians, process designers, rotating equipment, reliability and process computer control engineers.
- Researches existing electrical designs for safety and reliability vulnerabilities. Develops improvement recommendations and stewards progress.
- Serves as a technical resource to operations and maintenance organizations.
- Reviews and interprets results of electrical testing. Stewards improvements of electrical installations that are not meeting performance expectations. Conducts engineering surveillance on electrical equipment.
- Has working knowledge of industry standards and regulations (e.g. IEEE, NFPA, NEC, ASME, API, NEMA, NETA, NESC).
- 7-10 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- BS in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of related industry experience preferred.
- Broad experience with Process Plant electrical equipment in a plant environment.
- Demonstrated field engineering experience in Oil & Gas, or EPC industries.
- Effective leadership of electrical projects and support; including the ability to.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Machinery Engineer/ Specialist at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Environmental Scientist at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Electrical Lead III at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Know More About Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Electrical Engineer at Bee Bee Jump Ltd
- Process Engineer III at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Construction Coordinator I at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- WASH Officer at The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Senior Project Engineer- Real Estate at Rossland Consulting Limited
- WASH Technical Officer at ZOA International
- Project Assistant, WASH at ZOA International
- General Manager, Technical at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates