The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Area Incharge Officer - ISBL Units
Function/Domain: Refinery Operations Process ISBL and Offsites
- We are looking for Operation Isbl unit Area Incharge Candidates for Refinery.It is essential that the candidate should have relevant Refinery,experience/Petrochemical Plants experience, to build the World's largest single stream train Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site based candidates for Nigeria, Lagos.
- Ensures personally the safety of personnel and the process safety of the Area.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance of the Area; single point of accountability.
- Functions as a link between Operations for the Area and the Technical Department
- Optimizes operating parameters in consultation with the Technical Department and the Area Head Implements optimization objectives in coordination with the Shift in Charge Supervisors. Analyses unit performance and recommends or implements appropriate remedial actions.
- Optimizes consumption of fuel, utilities, chemicals and catalysts.
- Follows up on Maintenance activities
- Oversees upkeep of documents, systems and procedures
- Implements the Production Plan for the Area as advised by the Head of Area. Coordinates with Maintenance to carry out Maintenance activities as per operational requirement to ensure equipment reliability in operation.
- Oversees the training of supervisors and operators within the block
- Conducts preparation and updating of Operating Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions etc.
- Ensures availability of chemicals, catalysts, safety equipment, PPEs and consumables on site as per operational requirements
- Ensures safety talks and tool box talks with the operating crew at carried out at regular intervals.
Initial Project Activities:
- Provision of input to engineering from operations perspective on start-up/shutdown systems, isolation, bypasses, drains, safety, etc.
- Preparation of block systems and sub-systems
- Preparation of detailed operating manuals and procedures
- Preparation of training program materials, other input and assistance as needed
- Participation in the Recruitment of Operations core team
- Participation in the establishment/training of HSE/PSM system
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- BE / B.Tech / BS Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 25+ years’ experience in refinery operations.
- Demonstrated ability to generate or closely supervise generation of key operating manuals and procedures for the area of responsibility.
- Track record of commitment to safety and the development of his team.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
All Vacancies at Dangote Group can be found HERE